Search Unity

FULL BODY IK, Mech Spiders and much more about to hit the Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Partel-Lang, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Its in the 0.2, I submitted it on thursday so it should be up very soon. The AS team probably has a lot of assets to review at this time.

2. kilik128

kilik128

not sure what's i do bad here i just started
    $71poX.jpg

edit no more error log after spine change but look like this
    $71pxq.jpg

it's look like maximo auto rig result no ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Great Update. Awesome.

Please Forgive if this question has been asked before.

Does FinalIK also support 2D ?

4. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

5. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hi,
    While you can constrain most of the solvers to 2D with Rotation Limits, there are no dedicated 2D solvers yet.

6. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Would you consider a request to add support for 2D in the todo list for a future update. The reason is that more and more 2D projects are being created in Unity and to be able to use your package for both 2D and 3D would just be Totally Wicked. One author for both dimensions.

7. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

It's already on the todo list. But don't expect it too soon though, I have a very long todo list for Final IK ;)

8. kilik128

kilik128

yes it's look working the model is look fixed in muscle position and i have no animation but i this it's comming from some else
    i have this log Biped's root Transform's position should be at ground level relative to the character (at the character's feet not at it's pelvis).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  9. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

The warning says that the root transform is probably wrong in the references. It should be located at the same height as the feet. Can you package me the character and send it to support@root-motion.com, so I can help you out?

Cheers,
    Pärtel

10. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Any updates on when the 3PS/body tilt scene will be included in Final IK? Really interested in seeing that one, especially the aiming backwards while running away. A tutorial video about how to do the full thing would be even better.

Any suggestions for how to go from animation+IK to ragdoll back to animation+IK?

11. Kavorka

Kavorka

Really outstanding work Pärtel! May I on this question:

suggest that AnimFollow may be used to accomplish that. I know that at least one customer has successfully combined Final IK with AnimFollow.

Humble regards
    Patrik

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  12. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Your stand up animations look similar to the ones used in one of Partel's videos. Are you using a freebie from somewhere?

13. Kavorka

Kavorka

No, I am paying royalties to be allowed to include the animations in the asset. Lets not hijack this thread any more than I already have. Continue to ask questions in this thread.

14. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hi, Obsurveyor, I can't give you an estimate yet, right now I'm focused on delivering the Grounding that everybody is anxious about :)

About animation to ragdoll, it is not possible without an external solution like Kavorka's.

I keyframed mine by hand :)

Cheers,
    Pärtel

15. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Oh right, I forgot about that from the store description. Well, anxious to see the 3PS/tilt demo if I don't figure it out on my own before then! Final IK is really, really awesome.

I figured out a way to do this on my own, thanks!

16. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Partel, I'm using UMA in my game and I've added FBBIK and lookat, via script as in your tutorial. I notice that when I've added the FBBIK, without moving any effectors etc my walk animations are effected on the legs and it doesn't look correct.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

17. snow404

snow404

I am also having issues with foot placement and I could easily solve this problem by disabling FBIK for the leg and foot bones only (leaving only the upper body constrained by FBIK). Is it possible to do that ?

18. Verkel

Verkel

Hi,

I'm having a bit of issue with FBIK. It's pushing the character's thigh effectors up when I move the characters feet effectors up. Is there a way to prevent this push? I guess I could also set the thigh positions so that they stay in place, but I'd like to know if there's a more convenient way. Also I could use BipedIK for this, but I use FBIK and LookAtIK for other things on the character, so it's probably best not to stack too many solvers.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  19. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hi, and sorry for the delay, didn't think anyone was still using that thread anymore (we're mainly in the Asset Store section now)..

Anyway, please download this patch I made just recently.
    It improves greatly the mapping accuracy of the limbs, FBBIK should not change the animation at all now when the effectors are not used.

You can disable FBBIK for a limb if you set that limb's mapping weight to 0:
    Code (csharp):
    2. ik.solver.leftLegMapping.weight = 0f;
    This should not happen at all. Can you send me some more info, like screenshots/video or preferably the package character with it's animation?

Cheers,
    Pärtel

20. Setmaster

Setmaster

Any prevision on when interaction will be available ?

21. Griffo

Griffo

Hi,

I have Limb IK on a game objec for the right leg, RightUpperLeg, RightLeg and RightFoot as the three bones then I'm using

Code (csharp):
    1. private var ikLimb : RootMotion.FinalIK.LimbIK;
    3. function Start () {
    5.     ikLimb = GetComponent(RootMotion.FinalIK.LimbIK);
    6. }
    8. ikLimb.solver.IKPositionWeight = 0.5;
    9. ikLimb.solver.IKPosition = Xposition;
    All works fine, what I want to know is if I now add another Limb IK onto the same game object for the left leg, LefttUpperLeg, LefttLeg and LefttFoot as the three bones, how do I access the IKPositionWeight and the IKPosition on this leg from the same script? Or do I need to add the script and Limb IK to each leg game object?

Cheers.

22. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Interaction is already in Final IK.

Components:
    Interaction Look At
    Interaction Object
    Interaction System
    Interaction Target
    Reset Interaction Object

23. ZJP

ZJP

Indeed. A bit difficult to follow your 'hot line' with 2 threads. Maybe the moderator could close this one.

24. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

It has always been a bit problematic in unity to have more than 1 component of the same type on the same gameobject. For instance when you need to drag one of them to assign to a field or another script, it always just takes the first one. Also the same problem with GetComponent that you have. So my advice would be just make another gameobject for the other limb. Limb IK does not have to be on the root gameobject of the character, you can parent an empty gameobject to the root and set its rotation to 0,0,0 and Limb IK to it instead.

But if you have another reason for maintaining multiple components of the same type on a gameobject, you can always use GetComponents instead to GetComponent and then just cycle throught them.

Thanks for helping, Obsurveyor, and you are quite right :)

This thread has quite a history already, would be sad to see it closed ;)

Cheers,
    Pärtel

25. niosop2

niosop2

Yeah, but maybe locking it w/ a link to the Asset Store thread might help keep all the information in the same place.

26. kilik128

kilik128

on drive setup spine rotation weight look not take effect ?
    i missing somethink's

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  27. eclyptik

eclyptik

Hi everybody,

i am new user of Biped Ik for Unity. Its really great! So, I'd like to use it for my first Player with Oculus Rift.

I tried to do this : Grab with hand an object on the ground and look this object during a little time. Like i use ovr Camera, the head can turn every time and i need to place the hand relative the rotation on the head. my problem is the forearm and arm , i don"t know how use Limk Ik correctly because i can't follow the exact posistion of the hand for the solver ik. So maybe it's not the right solution. Maybe anybody know how can i do for obtain a better movement of the arm and the body when i turn my head with OVR.

Best for all

Loic

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  28. eclyptik

eclyptik

Hi i publish this new video for show what i do with Biped IK and Oculus. Maybe someone want to work with me on different thing... Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interest. (Modeler, Animator, Programmer) my email is eclyptik@orange.fr

Best for all,
    Loic

29. khos85

khos85

Hi, I just bought this nice looking asset, I tried to use it on a model that comes from the makehuman software, but I get some weird results, see a youtube video here:

I have looked at the troubleshooting video
    but I cannot see which bones are incorrectly assigned, I have numerous variations.
    I would be happy to use the samples stuff, but can I easily replace the dummy mesh with my own maybe, would that be an option?

I am not fussy on the type of mesh to use, I just need a male body to start using, is there a male body included in the asset already assigned to the full body Ik script?

Thanks for any help in advance.

30. lushdog

lushdog

**EDIT: Found it, it was Spine1.**

Simple question. I'm trying to pose my character in play mode by moving effectors around in FBBIK and then match the position via script similar to
    Linking Effectors to Objects.

Foot and hand work fine.

What is the bone position that I should copy when posed to use as the Transfor of the BodyEffector in script? If tried pelvis and the multiple spine bones but that always leaves the scripted pose a bit off.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  31. MarceloCosta_GamesBR

MarceloCosta_GamesBR

Anyone know how I can do ik foot player go towards the ball when a player kicks?

32. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Just purchased it and already having fun!

Sorry if this has been asked before, this is a huge thread and I haven't read much of it yet. Is there a forum somewhere for new people to learn the basics? The first thing I'm wondering is how to adjust things in play mode and have them stay put way once play mode has been stopped. If there's a FAQ somewhere that covers noobie things like this, could someone refer me to it, please?

Amazing product, well worth the $90. Thanks!

33. kilik128

kilik128

learn is come with time but yes it's hard for sure :)

34. kilik128

kilik128

i have trouble for fix inertia model result aspen the limit is set on body
    any idea please
    thank's

35. MIK3K

MIK3K

I'm new also, but isn't that how Unity works? I thought everything you adjust during play in the inspector resets when you stop the game. You have to write down what you changed or change one thing at a time and copy/paste. At least that was my understanding.

36. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Yeah, that's how things appear to be indeed. It's just how Unity works. I recently discovered the copy/paste component values stuff which gets the transforms, and occasionally copying components can be used for some of what I need. Either way, this works well enough, I was just wondering if anybody knew some other tricks.

37. virror

virror

I know there are some assets on the store for this, not sure how they work though.

38. Curkovic

Curkovic

Anyone experiencing foot skating with FBBIK grounder?

39. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Just bought this. Awesome product Pärtel Lang!

I've got a question though. Using Limb IK, how do I make bone3 point at pole target while maintaining angle to bone2? Basically pointing in same direction as the "knee".

Thanks.

Edit:

Never mind. Just setting rotation weight to zero will achieve this desired behavior.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  40. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hi all, please use the Asset Store forum thread of FinalIK instead, I have long forgotten about this WIP thread. Just noticed it is still alive :). I'll ask a moderator to close this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.