Search Unity

Freeze Bomb! (Technical Alpha)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Megablaze, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Megablaze

Megablaze

Hey everyone!
    I'd like to share my game Freeze Bomb, this game involves, as you might expect, bombs and freezing things. It's an arcade puzzle game for mobile devices. It's themed around penguins and using ice bombs to freeze them into a block of ice. However, you will have a limited number of bombs, so plan carefully!

This game has been in the works for a while now, but I've got a wonderful little diddle to show you. A 10 level Technical Alpha. New version has 20 levels to play! Which means you'll only get a little taste of the gameplay from trying the game. There is of course a lot of work to do from here, but I hope you find it fun and interesting! Keep in mind there will be a lot missing from the game, and plenty of things to be reworked, but that said, please feel free to leave a comment!

ss (2015-11-03 at 06.03.15).jpg ss (2015-11-03 at 06.04.02).jpg ss (2015-11-03 at 06.04.33).jpg

The Game:

No longer showing game.

Controls are mouse clicks only

A few things you might look forward to:

• 3 themed tilesets
    • 30 levels per tileset
    • 5 penguin types
    • 5 bomb types
    • Arcade Mode and Story Mode
    • Will be released on Android | Windows Phone | Blackberry

Wana shoot me an email?
    Email: morrick2@cogeco.ca
    Twitter: @PutMyNameIn
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreezeBombGame/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. Megablaze

Megablaze

Updates?

It's been over a month since I posted the above "demo", so here's a little bit of update:
    • A few different UI elements have been added
    • Some new tiles for the snow environment, and the associated work on the level designer
    • Some AI fixes, although I'd like to fix up some more of it
    • Created the support character that will be talking to you throughout the game
    • Dialogue system for said support character
    There's a few other little tid-bits of course, but generally not worth mentioning. If you want to follow me on twitter, I post a little bit more often than here, so you can keep more up to date if you'd like.

I had planned a new demo to be built around this time, but I don't feel like it's up to the quality I'd like. So I will continue to work on a few graphical elements, and then build some new levels to try out.

3. Megablaze

Megablaze

New alpha demo is up!

The original post has the updated links, check it out!
    I suggest downloading the exe, the web player version looks slightly sloppy.

If you played the game, let me know what you think! I'm looking for any and all comments or criticism. Now, the game is of course in alpha, but don't let that stop you from complaining about "X" or "Y" issue.

All the stages can be beaten with 3 stars, although a few levels are pretty hard to get it (and one level in particular I don't expect most people to get 3 stars). The only requirement for 3 stars is to have 2 remaining bombs of any type. There are of course many levels that you may end up with more then 2 bombs at the end, feel free to let me know about it if you do! I'd love to see levels beaten in the least amount of bombs possible.