Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Free P226 Pistol Package for FPS with 4 Skins

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrSmive, Mar 19, 2011.

1. MrSmive

MrSmive

Here is a free P226 Pistol package containing a lowpoly pistol model seperated and set for easy animation, 4 quality diffuse maps and a normal map, all combined into an easy to use Unity package. Best of all its free!
    Please no resale or redistrobution editied or otherwise, unless as part of a Game.

Click Here to Download Unity Package

Enjoy! - By MrSmive

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Very useful to test shaders on :)

Also a tip for your next guns or whatever - make a proper specular map. Generating one from diffuse doesn't produce that good results.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  3. MrSmive

MrSmive

Thanks gents glad you like um, 2dfxman1 thats a real nice shadier, i should of mentioned these are from a while ago, i scrounged the stuff and put it together in time for the christmass give away hence the rushed speculars, though really there gloss maps in unity, same difference though right lol.
    If you get a chance would like to see the others with ur shadiers on they look pretty sweet, maybe each side view or whatever if you get bored that is lol.

4. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

5. MrSmive

MrSmive

hehe they look much better with ur shadier on mate nice work

6. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

You should do a full body camo. That would look nice I think

7. MrSmive

MrSmive

Might do another one some day but busy on my space ship pack thing at the mo

8. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

9. superdave

superdave

omg,,thnx so much

10. MrSmive

MrSmive

np gents, check out my other free downloads, theres links in my signiture

11. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

So this is essentially a SIG P226, I wonder if we need to pay a license to SIG SAUER Inc. in order to use this in a commercial game.

Or as long as we don't refer to it as the SIG P226 in-game and just call it "pistol" generically are we safe, even though it really looks like a P226?

12. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Millions of games refer to their weapons in full names and I haven't heard of any of them paying to the weapon's owner yet.
    Cars? Yes. Weapons? No not really. CS, COD, they all use real weapon names. I think it would be in the news or some info if you would need to pay royalties for using weapon names.

Ak47? It's EVERYWHERE. And yet no one pays anyone.

13. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because it wasn't in the news doesn't mean it didn't happen. And their dealings might include not having to say they paid royalties in the credits of their game.

It depends. AK47 and M4 are generic terms, but more specific ones, I think might require royalties. The M4A1 for example is not considered generic, but the M4 on the other hand is generic.

So I'm wondering if the SIG P226 is considered generic or not.

14. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  15. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Seen plenty of m4a1s in games... I hardly believe they all pay royalties to use the weapon in game

16. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't automatically make it right. I'm not saying what they're doing is illegal, I don't know for sure if you do need to pay royalties for it at all, which is why I'm inquiring.

Just because everyone else doesn't seem to pay royalties is not an assurance.

UPDATE: Got this link from another thread. Interesting read

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  17. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Ok, so I read in MrSmive's terms that I am not allowed to redistribute my modifications. Perhaps if he wants to add my post apocalyptic skin into his original work then you guys can also get that, but I guess you'll have to ask permission from MrSmive first.

@MrSmive: what kind of attribution do you want if ever we do use your gun model in our game?

(C) 2011 MrSmive

or

(C) 2011 Unconventional Reality Studios

or whatever you want

18. MrSmive

MrSmive

I dont mind mate, and ur skin looks great, might have something for your game iv been playing with today...

As for the name i was under the impression that it was ok to use serial names as most are just alphanumerical terms to distinguish weapons inside of a militerised unit. Such as m1 m14 m16 m4 ect these are not the names of the guns they reprecent. For example AK47 stands for Avtomat Kalashnikov of the year 47, the M16 is really an Armalite AR15 and so on. Calling this pistol by its full name would proberbly be cuase for issue but its abreviated name is commonly aceptable.
    It would be the car equivilant of using the last part of the name, for example Ford Ka would simply be a Ka as the name does not include the copyrighted company name the alphanumerical terms applied after no longer refer to the companies product but your own. In essence this model is a pistol i named a Sig p226 its similarties to the real life pistol made by Sig sauer and called a p226 is purly coinsodental.

Oh yeah u can stick the texture on here if u wish to share it mate, or Pm me it and ill update the pack for yea

19. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Thanks, we'll try to get legal advice to be sure.

The textures are here. Feel free to include them in your main pack.

Looking forward to your other stuff!

20. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

21. Viet4Lyfe

Viet4Lyfe

post apocolyptic skin looks niceeeee

22. MrSmive

MrSmive

drop box can be anoying just depends on what time ur using it, i like to try to upload at odd hours to avoid the mass traffic.

23. MGPSonic

MGPSonic

May I ask were are the scripts

24. MrSmive

MrSmive

there are no scripts mate just the model

25. jmaster2012

jmaster2012

Anyone have hands for it?

26. vinzzzunity

vinzzzunity

i start a prototype game project because of this... IT'S FREE! all thanks to MrSmive