Search Unity

Free Mobile Marketing - Your Android Games: The developer's hub

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DOCSKI_GAMES, Nov 28, 2015.

1. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Hey guys,

I've noticed more and more how a lot of developers spend massive amounts of times, money and sanity making their games and when they finally get finished with what was suppose to be the hard part, they upload to the store, try to share it as best they can, wait a couple days and get hit with the reality of..... noone knows it exists.

Yes, your pride and joy, no matter how awesome gets lost in a sea of games if you don't have the bucks to market it. This has happened to me and quite a few developers I have met over the years.

I've wondered, what if everyone banded together to share audiences? I know I would have a bigger audience by now if I shared my past games as part of a service providing games instead of starting from 0 for each game.

Anyways, enough yapping, I created this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/YourAndroidGames/

It's been suggested to create a group so that developers/players can communicate, so we are working on that.

My goal is to lead all my players to this page so that whenever new games get posted, they will be aware. Of course, facebook is just a start point, the plan is to have a more official place later on.

This is for those devs that can't afford mainstream marketing and just want to share their games any way they can.

Of course, I will still moderate the games so that people know it offers quality and the plan is to grow the page over time, we'll tend to avoid accepting anyone who plans to just drop a link to their game and never sharing 'Your Android Games' but I will try my best to make sure I help out as much as I can once I get the service rolling.

The page is new, but I have a lot of competitions and plans in mind for increasings its followers even without anyone's help, I just though't I'd share my plans.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

What are you doing about the flooding problem? Free marketing channels always get flooded to the point of being useless.

3. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Well.. moderation is the only option, I am aware of that issue, I'm not working on this alone, games will of course need to pass some form of standard... of course, it does seem a bit like I will be creating the same issue that devs now face which is "sites get flooded so much even good games get overlooked" but.. we will try.. plus, if other developers care, I can extend admin rights to them to have more qualified members dealing out judgement...

Obviously some games will have to be rejected.. but on the bases of them not being ready (those we'll deny with some feedback)

4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It's always nice to help out the other developers. I started a discussion along these lines a month or so ago.

I think if you choose an angle it would be more effective. When I first made my post I hadn't quite put my finger on what I was after. I knew I preferred to support the smaller devs and think I stated that. However, due to a recent discussion in another thread I now realize what I am mainly interested in is cross promotion / supporting what I think of as true indies.

Meaning if the game is made by a single person or a small team or say 2 to 3 people max then I'd take a look at it. From within that initial "filter" I'd just look for well executed and unique games. And probably not mobile at all because I never play them and couldn't care less about them.

Anyway, I think if you maybe specialize a bit you could carve out a niche. Ultimately though the problem will be only so many people can be helped by such a thing. So you should keep that in mind from the start. Will you limit it to 100 games, 1,000 games or even more?

I can see yours seems to be focused on Android mobile games. Is it for 2D games or 3D games? All genres or only certain genres? All android games period?

Just asking because all of these things are ways you could specialize and create some kind of niche service. And that may be more valuable. For example if someone is looking for Android puzzle games and you got 50 people to join up that all had good Android puzzle games and all promoted that facebook page from a customer's perspective... if an Android gamer who loves puzzle games followed one of the links to the page and found 50 games they may be extremely happy and try a few of them.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Kiwasi likes this.