Search Unity

[FREE] [Infinity Series] Barrels Procedural PBR

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Jun 1, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Don't forget to register your asset at http://www.infinitypbr.com for contests, updates, support & more!!
    _________-____________________-__________

FREE: Unity Asset Store
    Demo Builds: Mac | Windows
    Instruction Guide: PDF

YouTube Videos

Quick "Speed" video showing a lot of the various base material types and procedural actions you can take to customize the barrel to fit your game.

Guide video showing how to customize the material in Unity 5 and export the complete Texture maps for use with the Standard Shader and Legacy Shaders.

More Procedural PBR

"Gargoyle" | Fully Animated Character
    "Mushroom Monster" | Fully Animated Character
    "Chests" | 11 Chest Models, 100% Procedural PBR

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Added Images.

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Added videos & submitted to the store!

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

boysenberry likes this.
  5. boysenberry

boysenberry

Another really awesome asset, thank you!

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No problem :) We've got a ton more in the pipeline. Our chests go really well with this, and we're working on an entire Dungeon set, all 100% procedural and PBR, with a ton of options. Both top-down and 1st person.

If you like the barrels, it'd be awesome if you could put up a rating and review -- those help out a ton so other developers know it's a quality asset.

boysenberry likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Just updated. Small things, but still :D

9. NightmarexGR

NightmarexGR

Hello , trying to import the package in Unity 5.1.3 gives me that error : (image)
    My system has 4gb ram x32 bit , never had this issue before.
    And it forces me to quit unity , after reopening it i get in console : (image|)
    P.S. i tried reimporting with only unity open but same thing happened :p

Attached Files:

• ree.PNG
      ree.PNG
      File size:
      50.4 KB
      Views:
    • fee.PNG
      fee.PNG
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sounds like it's just running out of memory.

This package is due for an update -- let me see if I can't optimize it a bit more.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

An update has just been submitted to the Asset Store. Not 100% sure if it'll fix your problem, but I did separate the two materials into their own objects, so that may help. Other cool features as well.

12. NightmarexGR

NightmarexGR

Nice I will try to download it again in a couple of days.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It usually takes 5-10 days, sometimes more, for packages to be approved. If you register at http://www.InfinityPBR.com and opt-in to the update emails, you'll get an email when it's live.

Hopefully this week there'll be extra downloads there too, including pre-made textures/materials you can import into your project, the basic woods etc, for those who want to get something usable right away rather than designing their own look.

14. Zyxil

Zyxil

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the exact process to procedurally generate a barrel. The video no longer matches the contents of the package and things are confusing.

Can you give a bullet list of which material to use for each step? As far as I can tell there are four materials for procedure generation:

- _DEMO
    - 1. SFB_Dungeon_Barrels
    - 2. SFB_Dungeon_BarrelsBase
    - SFB_Barrels_v2
    - 3. SFB_Dungeon_Barrels
    - SFB_BarrelsCustom_v1
    - 4. BarrelsCustom

Do you use #2 BarrelsBase to choose your wood and metal combinations and mess with their custom properties, then export and assign these textures to #3 (as custom input) to fiddle with the ground, ceiling, and dirt options, with a final export to a user-created prefab and standard material with the latest exports?

That process is quite painful.

Also, it seems that the export window doesn't come up. I may not be using it correctly, but the instructions pdf does not go into detail on just how or when to use it.

Also2: when exporting from the substance, there are now three export options: export (remapped), export (original), and export preset. Which one should we use?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    infinitypbr likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I need to update this one...it's been low on my to-do list however.

The export type shouldn't matter. However, let me see if I can update it easily.

Zyxil likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 10.23.05 PM.png
    Working on this. Re-doing it all from scratch, since I"ve updated my workflows a lot since the last update.

On http://www.InfinityPBR.com you can now download the Substance Painter and Substance Designer files for the barrels -- include a new Alt texture I made (With built-in "new"->"old" slider). They won't help your particular problem right now, but they're there for anyone who may want them.

Edit: There is now a .unitypackage available for download as well. This *should* be all the game ready files. You'll find them embedded in the Dungeon folder, under the "Dark Stone" look. There are game ready prefabs (standard textures/materials) and Customizable prefabs.

Note: The export feature, now called "Substance Mass Exporter", is a beta version. It'll work just fine for the barrels (I used it), but if you start adding too many substances, there's some sort of memory leak or something that'll eventually crash Unity. It's also undocumented as of yet since it's beta and hasn't been released. I plan on finishing that before making the barrels officially updated.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  17. Zyxil

Zyxil

Sounds great, thanks. I made one barrel for testing, so I'll wait for the update to the package.

Since this is the free PBR package, I was using it to evaluate the workflow.

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool -- then discard the old workflow :) The new one is much much better.

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's the first setup guide video:

I'll get the rest up as soon as I can :) Hopefully it's not too rambling!

Zyxil likes this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This is how to replace the textures with new PBR materials. Like, replacing the wood with a completely new, different type of wood.

Zyxil likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Third step! Totally optional, but totally cool. If you have Substance Painter, here's how to re-texture the barrels from scratch. Super easy for non-artists.

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Final video, a short one, detailing how to work w/ the Substance Designer templates I've designed for my projects.

Lex4art likes this.
  23. wigglypuffs

wigglypuffs

Playing with some barrels I made breakable using UFPS with InfinityPBR materials. Just whipped up the debris in blender real quick, slapped the mats on, put some UFPS scripts in. Not sure why some of the rings float in the air, still have to fix that glitch.

https://i.gyazo.com/d5152846b02847ddbc87f816d3081d86.mp4

To make this in blender, just open up the barrel obj they provide in blender or your fav editor. Select the barrel, switch to edit mode, pick face mode, alt right click on the 2nd row of faces to select the whole row, press p and choose separate by selection, press e to extrude (and esc to leave it in place) then scale the extrusion outwards slightly to give it a little depth. Also scale vertically to make the ring narrower to roughly match the actual size of the rings on the barrel.

Repeat this for the other rows to create barrel rings for the top, middle and bottom and export these as obj into unity. You can actually shortcut this by only doing the 1st and 3rd row and then just duplicating them and flipping upside down which is what I did. Technically there are five rows but my debris only has four but I doubt anyone notices. Make some wood chunks and bring those in as well. Then duplicate the barrel mat in unity and apply it to the rings but scale the tiling to get the metal to more or less fit the ring.

Put a box collider and rigidbody on each of the rings and wood chunk, place them in slightly random positions and rotations. Parent them under an empty game object, rename it BreakingBarrel. Add the UFPS debris script and a dust particle emitter to the BreakingBarrel object. Then add the UFPS damage handler, rigidbody fx, surface identifier and respawner scripts on the PBR barrel. Voila! :)

Fun stuff. :eek:

Edit: One glitch I found is that I have to hide a copy of the breaking barrel debris in the scene somewhere or the material won't show up when the debris appears. I just place it under the terrain. Small price to pay to have nice looking pbr debris, though.

Edit: I think I solved the floating rings issue, just switch the ring's rigid body's to interpolate.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    infinitypbr likes this.
  24. wigglypuffs

wigglypuffs

Each time I run the scene, then end it and then go back to the editor I get a "Hold on" message as the sbsar is reloaded. It takes a significantly long time and is slowing down my progress. Is there a way to defer this to later or disable it? Turning off autoregen lighting doesn't seem to help and I also tried the "Keep loaded shaders alive" in the Player settings. And, I tried setting "bake and keep substance" in load behavior on the sbsar.

Help!

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep! Best practice is to only use the sbsar file for texture customization, and used exported textures for the game. You can even delete the sbsar files from your main project since Unity does like to rebuild those and it can be very annoying.

26. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

@infinitypbr Hello, why has your Barrels pack been removed from the Asset Store? When trying to download it on your site, I need to give my card details even though it says $0.00 as the price. Thanks!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It took time to update and manage, but didn't translate to sales, so was a net loss for me, in the end.

I'll look into how Stripe.com (the payment processor I use) handles that, but it may be a bit to figure out.

28. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Ok, thanks! I'll try getting it off your site.