Search Unity

[FREE] Fuzzy Hop (Android/iOS)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Grafos, May 3, 2016.

1. Grafos

Grafos

Hi all!
    I have just released my new game FUZZY HOP!:cool:
    Here are the obligatory links:

Android Version
    iOS Version
    Facebook Page

Fuzzy Hop trailer

16.jpg 19.jpg 22.jpg 29.jpg

It's a vertical platformer with elements from Rainbow Islands (legendary platformer of my youth),
    Doodle Jump (obviously, every vertical platformer has to reference DJ), Street Surfer (obscure C64 game of my youth) and Temple Run (well, any infinite runner in which you feel constantly chased really).
    I am using Unity Ads for monetization (I hate this word it sounds so pretentious) and IAP for the first time.
    Actually, it's my first free game ever.

I used Unity obviously for development, Stan's iOS/Android Native for the IAP game center/ play games features (see edit), Krita for graphics, audacity for sound editing, and Blender VSE for the trailer.

Have fun everyone, hope you enjoy it!

[Edit] In later updates, Stan Assets were replaced by Google's official plug-ins for their services and Unity's native IAP.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    bulutp, theANMATOR2b and Griffo like this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very nice to see the variation in platforms and the quaint character animation.
    Something I've noticed recently - and in past games - the over use of the exact same platform throughout levels, and even games. I'm sure some of the games are using this repetition to conserve memory - but many aren't.

But why is the world flooding? :)

Nice work.

Grafos likes this.
  3. Grafos

Grafos

Thank you for your kind words. I do think it's a memory considerarion when they have very few platforms on these type of games. They also try to keep the game size down and the palette simple, so that it looks good when compressed.
    I thought to offer something sharp and fresh visually, I should avoid any compression on my sprites.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Grafos

Grafos

Maybe the world is flooding because of global warming and the game has a deeper message on how we treat mother earth.I don't think anyone would believe that in a game where you stomp on elastic chickens and cute little turtles to achieve your goals.
    So lets just say the world is flooding cause someone left the tap on :p

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I think it's the flood mentioned in the big book! :)
    Will give it a try.

Grafos likes this.
  6. Grafos

Grafos

The biggest update yet of FUZZY HOP has just hit Google Play and iOS.
    Among the highlights of this release are new power-ups, new achievements and heavy optimisations that make the game a lot easier on the battery and the system.
    4.png 5.png 3.png 7.png
    Have fun everyone, please leave a positive review if you enjoy the game!

7. Grafos

Grafos

The Anniversary update of Fuzzy Hop is live! (technically the anniversary is in 2 weeks but I couldn't wait :p)
    New Graphics, more shaders (finally refraction FX on iOS), richer colour palette and gamepad support are among the new additions.

8. Grafos

Grafos

Recently updated Fuzzy Hop adding heaps of stuff and changing even more behind the scenes. Here's a funny animated short I handcrafted to promote the new version.