Search Unity

[FREE DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID] PixelRun - A 2D-Runner-Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Chrispettersen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Chrispettersen

Chrispettersen

PixelRun.png

Hello!

I've "finished" my first game in Unity. I've come up with a runner-type game. The game will be updated over time, so bugs will be fixed.

INFO ABOUT GAME:
    The game's concept is quite easy - Your character moves forward and you have to make him move left and right by tapping the half left screen to go left and the half right screen to go right.

You have to collect coins (Yellow ones) to achieve a new high-score and avoid stones (Grey ones) from ending the game. You can "slide" the stones by running close to them, but don't get to close.

Screenshot_2015-02-26-19-30-43.png Screenshot_2015-02-26-19-30-53.png Screenshot_2015-02-26-19-31-41.png

The game is meant to be kind of minimalistic, so eye-candy graphics wasn't my intention. And therefore the name "PixelRun".

PLANS/ GOALS:
    - Adding high-score connected to internet
    - Work on more effects
    - Adding sounds (?)

I would love to hear feedback, and I would be very happy if you tried the game. If you had a chance to rate the game, I would also be grateful for that.

CHALLENGE:
    And of course - If you find it funny, I have a current high-score of 245 coins. Post a screenshot if you can beat me!

LINK:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Company.PixelRun

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

Very simple and fun! Video adds were over done though ;)

3. Chrispettersen

Chrispettersen

Thank you for trying the game, it is simple, but it can be addicting! :)

4. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

I feel like the left/right movement is a little laggy at times, not super responsive. But if you add some animation to the player, it would look a lot better. :)

5. Chrispettersen

Chrispettersen

Thanks for the tip, I've been aware of this and this is something I definitively will try to fix! :)

6. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker