Search Unity

[Free, Android] Octacore

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by afonsofonseca12, Apr 19, 2015.

1. afonsofonseca12

afonsofonseca12

Octacore:

Octacore, my second game for android, probably its some issues
    Looking for your feedback and suggestions. Hope you like it, thanks :)
    ------------------

One spaceship, one tunel and lots of walls!!
    An endless experience where you take control of a spaceship within an OctaTunnel.
    Avoid crashing against the walls and try your best score.
    ------------------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ACFWorks.Octacore

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Love the visuals from the images! It looks similar to a line drawing with slight coloring, Nice.

Would like to see it in motion. No android device available.

How difficult would it be to port to web player?

afonsofonseca12 likes this.
  3. afonsofonseca12

afonsofonseca12

Thanks :), well in fact i think it's easy to port to web player, just dont know where i could host the game

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

dropbox is good for hosting web player I think. I believe there's a good writeup about using dropbox somewhere close. :)

afonsofonseca12 likes this.
  5. afonsofonseca12

afonsofonseca12

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey @afonsofonseca12

My son (age 7) and I just tried out your game. Nice work.

The graphics I mentioned in the previous post hold up well in the game. I really like the treatment you've applied to the game overall.
    The interface is clean and the game does exactly what you expect it to without any glitches.

If your looking for improvements - I think adding some incentive for the player to keep playing would be nice. Possibly - earn a new ship or ship skin at 300, 500, 700 meters. Then have a ship select screen after the player meets a set distance.
    Some variety to the game would be nice. Maybe some different things to dodge, overall color changes at specific distances or some type of fx (vent pipe, fireball, sticky spots, etc) at random intervals could be interesting.

An explosion upon impact would be cool to see before the distance & restart screen comes up.
    Some type of wing sparks fx scrapping on the opposite wing from the direction the player turns would be interesting.

A short boost bonus would add a little strategy for the player to use at specific times. Maybe the player could earn boosts after every 150 meters or something and use them whenever they wanted.

The looping afterburner gradient was a little generic, but it didn't look bad. This could probably be improved with just a couple extra hours of development time. And the afterburners could kick in bright and extended when the player hits the boost button.

I liked the looping audio track. Nice application to the gameplay.

These little enhancements could also be added to Octacore 2: The deep dark descent.

Overall nice job. Thanks for the PC release.