Search Unity

Free 3d models by request!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bgivenb, Jul 21, 2014.

1. bgivenb

bgivenb

Requests welcome! I'll choose some to do while I'm in between contract work

Check out my portfolio here

You can find download links to all my free models HERE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roman style Ballista

ballista1.png
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Irish Broadsword:

screen06.png

M107:
    107screen15.png

M1911: screen10 (2).png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

I see you have a lot of highly realistic items (including firearms) in your portfolio. Maybe branch out and design some fantasy or sci-fi stuff. Maybe a laser pistol, plasma rifle, or even a space ship.

3. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

You've really come along man! Keep it up! As I am an artist myself, I'll request something simply to challenge you.

I'd like to see you create the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones. I think it'd be a great piece to show up, and also something to stick in your portfolio.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Bro! Bro!!! It would be AWESOME if you could make some cartoon office buildings for me. I have been trying for AGES and I get crap results. Here is what I have been trying to make:

Its the buildings in the background from Sunset Overdrive is what I have been trying to achieve. If you could do that, that would be really neat!

bgivenb likes this.
  5. IndieLegion

IndieLegion

Hi Given!

I'd love some character models for mining robots for a FPS. I'm looking for something kind of along the lines of Wall-E from Wall-E, but with a mining function (excavating, or crushing or transporting etc.). Human sized up to 32x human sized.

Cheers!

6. Breyer

Breyer

Miedieval stuff? Balista or other siege machine? ;)

7. bgivenb

bgivenb

Good suggestion! I haven't had a lot of time to work on these models today, but I did manage an Irish sword. I hope some of you will find it useful. :)
    This thing weighs in at a whopping... ehem... 175 polys :)
    Download link up
    I'll give the Balista a shot next. Maybe some shields too?

Specs:
    Textures 512*2048 (normal, spec, diffuse) PBR ready
    Mesh: 174 verts / 174 polys / 338 tris
    Time taken: 2 hours

screen03.png screen04.png screen05.png screen06.png

Edit: for those interested, here is the wireframe:
    screen07.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  8. bgivenb

bgivenb

If you have some concept art, it'll make it a lot easier on me

9. randomperson42

randomperson42

These look great, have you considered putting stuff on the Asset Store?

10. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

11. IndieLegion

IndieLegion

12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Would be interesting if you showed the texture maps.

Deleted User likes this.
  13. LSPressWorks

LSPressWorks

Is this for real? Is there any way I can email you screens or just have you play my game to see the models that are jacked up?

14. bgivenb

bgivenb

First off, thanks for all the kind words.

While I'm working on a couple asset store packages, this is more of a way to promote myself as an artist. Everything I post in this thread will be free to the community.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear in my original post; everything I do in this thread is at my own discretion and pace. Also everything I do here will be posted up for the whole community to utilize. If you need something done for a personal project, I'd be more than happy to help; my rate is $25 an hour.
    If you can't afford to pay, you can post some concept art here, and I'll see what I can do, although as a reminder, everything I do here will be available to everyone.

Sure thing! I've attached a quick texture breakdown. If you want a closer look at any of the models, you can find all my download links here

It's worth noting that I've included a non PBR version of my sword with proper materials and improved textures in the unity package. Below is a snapshot of the new model within the inspector preview. I rather like this version. This is also what it would look like for someone with Unity indie, so I've taken extra care to make it look nice.
    ~2 more hours of work, but I've got the workflow down, so next time should be faster :)
    Sword1.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Ah great! Was just curious, keep it up man. You're making me want to do something similar now. I won't steal your ideas... yet. :rolleyes:

Deleted User likes this.
  16. Breyer

Breyer

pic with mounted real-life balista

balista.jpg

EDIT:

shield is always good idea ;) however in assets store we can find already some free shields so i think actually better idea (for community) is another theme

BTW i found another interesting theme: Rome chariots

pics:

chariot1.jpg chariots.jpg chariots2.jpg

basic shape is generally simply but there is a lot of possibility of adding detail (as you can see on pics) and for ur artist skill :p so i think its good for portfolio

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  17. bgivenb

bgivenb

Got that Ballista you ordered :)

Specs:
    Textures 2048*2048 (normal, spec, diffuse) PBR ready
    Mesh: 707 verts / 591 polys / 1170
    tris
    Time taken: 3 hours

I also animated it, but I'm having trouble getting that to work in Unity for some reason

ballista2.png ballista1.png ballista3.png
    screen11.png

Jamcount likes this.
  18. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Dude you are a really good artist! That's awesome that you are giving this out for free. Thanks, you are doing the community a big favor!

bgivenb and Jamcount like this.
  19. Breyer

Breyer

Thank you very much! its look really nice! Whats next be ? :p

20. supermud

supermud

Could please make a simple dirtbike, similiar to the one in the picture below.

I have been looking for a decent model for awhile now and have yet to find one. It would be greatly appreciated if you made this one. Thanks in advance

calmcarrots likes this.
  21. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

22. bgivenb

bgivenb

Going to be gone for the weekend, but I'll leave you with this:
    screen12.png
    More to come

calmcarrots likes this.
  23. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

Can you make a cartire for my game? The one I'm using right now is only for personal use so i can't use it for commercial.
    It needs to look a little bit like this: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/tire-92534.html

Thanks!

24. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

bgivenb likes this.
  25. bgivenb

bgivenb

It seems your link is broken, but I do happen to have a tire model handy

You can download it directly here
    screen97.png
    Made this a month or so ago

@calmcarrots
    Still working on that city pack, but I've been out of town too much lately to put solid time into it. It'll get done :)

calmcarrots likes this.
  26. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

i guess you don't model characters then since they take time

27. Foestar

Foestar

Wow, your textures look amazing! Lol, I find all my models are simple basic coloration. -_-
    Keep up the great work!

28. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

How about a giant space dock (one that is used to build space ships eg floating above a planet)? :)

29. rame16

rame16

dat M1911 is really cool, nice realism

30. MadJohny

MadJohny

Could you make a recurve bow with a shape like this one? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cDJYl94ML._SL1500_.jpg and a texture based on borderlands' color scheme? Like this: http://www.evilcontrollers.com/evil...s/2013/04/Borderlands-new-Legendary-Items.jpg or this one I found here: http://iceflame1019.deviantart.com/art/Borderlands-2-Suggestion-Maliwan-Longbow-407712796 I prefer the shape of the actual recurve bow though

Btw, that m107 looks awesome!

Edit: one question, what program are you using to model these?

Edit2: I actually made an arrow yesterday for this bow, it's nothing special, mostly the arrow head and the texture, but I guess u get the color scheme, btw, that first bow is a martin saber take down bow in case you want to look for more references

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  31. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Hey how are those buildings going? It would be nice to see an update :)

32. impheris

impheris

really awesome bro.... really

33. bgivenb

bgivenb

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently working on a high priority freelance job, but I haven't forgotten about this.

calmcarrots likes this.
  34. MadJohny

MadJohny

Oh okay, that's totally understandable

35. muhammadtahiriqbal

muhammadtahiriqbal

free stuff link isn't working

36. ts427

ts427

Hello good sir!! How good are you are creating 3d models of humans? Rigged and textured. I am looking for an anime style character for VR. I am willing to pay. Let me know...

37. lumbert

lumbert

I want to request 3 scaled down versions of 3 low poly cities, New York, London, and Moscow, with simple textured buildings and many buildings having storefronts on sides facing the streets. The buildings should be of the type typically found in these cities. Exclude street objects like traffic lights and signs. The Total number of polygons for each city should be around 200,000. For reference I would like the quality and complexity of a city similar to Las Venturas in GTA San Andreas.