Search Unity

Framerate drop since 5.1

Discussion in 'Android' started by andiB, Jun 14, 2015.

1. andiB

andiB

After I updated my project to Unity3D 5.1 I noticed a stuttering framerate and a odd profiler curve.

stat.jpg

Luckily I've created a backup. So I went back to 5.0 and the same scene (without any changes) runs smooth again.

I've tried everything in the player settings to get the smooth experience from 5.0 back. But with no luck.

It's the gfx.waitForPresent task wich spikes in the 5.1 build. In 5.0 it spreads across every frame which provides a smooth non-stuttering presentation. VSync is disabled.

I also noticed that the android permissions in the Manifest.xml have changed. READ_PHONE_STATE, INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE are now enabled by default. Maybe my tablet holds background resources back for internet access tasks? My app doesn't need Internet. but I didn't find a way to disable those permissions to test my theroy.

The device I test my project on is the Samsung SM-T230 (Galaxy Tab 4 7.0).

Any ideas?

Regards Andi

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. andiB

andiB

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hope this gets fixed in the next patch release, high priority,

4. andiB

andiB

I hope too. I would make an bug report but I have no glue how to. On the issuetracker page is no create issue button !?

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Use the built in Bug Report feature under Help menu

6. florianpenzkofer

florianpenzkofer

Unity Technologies

See https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting. Also include info about the devices you used. And please post the case number in this thread.

7. andiB

andiB

Thank you.

I just created a BugReport because the issue is still present in the 5.1.1 release. Case 706216.

8. andiB

andiB

I hope this gets attention from the developers... because my game runs very slow on my device since that 5.1.x update.