Search Unity

Forced Perspective example

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by mrexcessive, Mar 7, 2014.

1. mrexcessive

mrexcessive

Hey...
    After seeing the excellent PillowCastle video, I made a demo Forced Perspective object resizing workspace... not a game as such, but if anyone is interested in making some models or creating levels, give me a shout - perhaps we can work together on something.

http://web2.mrexcessive.net/ForcedPerspective/

If anyone wants the code including whole project environment which borrows from snippets found in various threads, then you can download that here.
    http://web2.mrexcessive.net/ForcedPerspective/ForcedPerspective.zip

The complexity (it's not that bad...) is in FixedJointDragger.

2. sbsimosb

sbsimosb

would you be able to fix those bugs and make it just like PillowCastle ?

3. Gobla

Gobla

Great work, I like the concept!

I only just realized that they most likely use the dimensions & portals package I've created :eek:.

4. sbsimosb

sbsimosb

Pillow castle for the portals used a similar concept to your asset (that I will buy), I am in search of the script of forced perspective, you are able to do this ?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  5. mrexcessive

mrexcessive

Hi. Code linked in the package above is original, but based on mathematics from references given. You're welcome to use it.

What bugs ?

6. Gobla

Gobla

The code for the forced perspective is above. I think you can combine it with the DAP pacakge without much issues. The only issue if you use the package directly is by the resizing without setting a new nearclipplane. The nearclipplane in my package is calculated for a localsize 1,1,1. So that would be the only thing you have to change to make it work perfectly with the DAP package.

7. sbsimosb

sbsimosb

For example, when you move with the object grabbed ...
    also, when you put the object down, it should be projected as far as possible
    This code is good but not enough, would you be able to add or fix these things?

ps : sorry for my english ..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  8. sbsimosb

sbsimosb

in pillow castle I really like the effect of the two portals, enter in the big portal and get out of that small resizing the character and the object, you can do with your package?

9. Gobla

Gobla

The package should allow it, however that is not implemented right now. So the portal mechanics would still work as seen in the video implement this yourself.