Search Unity

Fonts on Vita - eriQue

Discussion in 'PSM' started by jesusluvsyooh, Apr 27, 2014.

1. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

I've noticed in the latest versions of Unity, that if your font file is missing certain letters or characters it automatically adds them, which is great ! Theres so many great fonts that are missing the well needed : / . , ? 0 etc
    However, when built onto the PS Vita it does not seem to include them like it does on other platforms, it's a great feature!
    Will it be added next Unity-PSM update?
    Or is it something at my end thats un'ticked itself perhaps.

$fontUnity.jpg

Sorry i could not put together a better example image, had to use what game i had access to at the time.

2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hm, I wasn't aware of this :) Or rather, I wasn't aware that we would somehow handle it differently for PSM / PS Vita.
    Any chance you can get me small repro project for that - where the font is missing the glyphs on the PS Vita, but they are still visible in the editor?

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

$Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 14.31.04.png
    Using parallels desktop - Unity-PSM

I managed to submit it through mac's unity instead of the windows-unity-psm.
    Theres a nice little project there that should show and explain it all pretty well.
    Case 604987

Vita and unity Editor screenshot
    $Vita Screenshot.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 14.39.48.png

Unity project attached to here too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. PeterD

PeterD

Interesting. I thought that it never added anything. I've certainly had issues on all mobile platforms, whereby the font was missing characters because I had it set as a dynamic font and unity was constructing these on the fly.

5. madgreg

madgreg

Hello! I have the same problem, it would be nice if the dynamic fonts was working the same as on other platforms. Any news on that subject?

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

The bug report and project files have been submitted to the development team for unity-psm (according to the email etc) so i'm guessing its on there to-fix / add list :) Might be ready for next unity-psm update, which is sometime around July.

7. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone,

This issue has been identified and solved - the next version of Unity-for-PSM will include the fix.

8. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Thank you :D Once again, excellent work!

9. madgreg

madgreg

Hi, this bug is back on last Unity for PSM version :( It was fixed so I didn't look anymore my game in foreign languages, but my game has been rejected from publishing by PSM because of that...

10. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Play test on the vita, find out where text should be shown but isn't, try a different font, retest and see if it is still missing.

11. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

The original bug is still fixed - you are seeing some other problem.
    Can you file a bug report, and attach small project showing the bug?

Thanks.