Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FMOD failed to initialize error...?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by mbowen89, Aug 23, 2014.

1. mbowen89

mbowen89

Just installed latest PSM Unity Editor, dev assistant and publishing utility. Sound works fine in editor/android/etc... but here is error log from vita (no sound playing).

Any ideas?

[2.557617] FMOD failed to initialize ... An invalid parameter was passed to this function.

An invalid object handle was used.
    UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(GameObject, Type)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    SoundController:CreateAudioSource(AudioClip, Boolean, Boolean, Vector3) (at C:\Users\Michael\Unity Projects\Pulling USA\Assets\UnityCar\UnityCarScripts\SoundController.cs:101)
    SoundController:Start() (at C:\Users\Michael\Unity Projects\Pulling USA\Assets\UnityCar\UnityCarScripts\SoundController.cs:129)
    [<redacted> line 329]

An invalid object handle was used.
    UnityEngine.AudioSource: Play(AudioSource, UInt64)
    UnityEngine.AudioSource: Play()
    SoundController:Update() (at C:\Users\Michael\Unity Projects\Pulling USA\Assets\UnityCar\UnityCarScripts\SoundController.cs:286)
    [<redacted> line 329]

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Did you import something made in a newer version of Unity? As PSM is an older version and doesn't contain some features.

3. mbowen89

mbowen89

I mean, I open the project in the latest editor, 4.5.2 or whatever and then open in PSM editor. Nothing has any issues with this except for FMOD apparently unless it's something else.

Am I not supposed to be able to go from 4.5 to PSM editor, and back?

4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

While it normally works to 'downgrade' a project (especially from two adjacent versions of Unity) there is not guarantee that opening a 4.5 project in 4.3 will actually work.

But, it seems unlikely that this would be the problem here.
    Any chance you can send that project / audio source to us in a bug report?

5. mbowen89

mbowen89

I'll see if I can reproduce it in a small project.

What are you supposed to do if you are creating your game with 4.5 for example for iOS/Android, but to port it to Vita you have to go to 4.3?

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

I've been moving backwards and forwards between 4.5 for iOS and Android to 4.3 for PSM, but i don't use any external plugins or etc, its all my own stuff, are you using a third party asset / plugin? That may be causing the issue.

7. mbowen89

mbowen89

I'm uploading bug report now of my real project.

I did build a new 4.5 empty project and just did a simple test script and sound and had no issues after porting to 4.3 for vita, so not sure if somehow this project became corrupted or what, because as soon as I open my real project in 4.3 vita, and use the exact same test script it has the FMOD initialization error.

Actually if I disable all sound scripts so that there aren't any audiosources in the scene even, the FMOD error still exists.

As far as plugins, just ngui and a IAP plugin really, same as I used in another project.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  8. mbowen89

mbowen89

Of course it just uploaded the 500MB compressed project and then said it failed to submit, so just wasted my precious data plan haha.

Any way that it's still on your servers eriQue? What should I do now?

-----

Update:
    In 4.5 Android build, I exported my entire project as unitypackage, and then in a brand new project (created in 4.5 even), I opened the empty new project in 4.3 vita and imported... sound worked fine... so something to do with my other project then for sure.

Update 2:

I found the issue... under Audio Settings, I had it set to MONO and not STEREO... Apparently it breaks if set to mono on the Vita..., change it to stereo and works great.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  9. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Thanks - I'll make a note of that, to make sure also MONO works for PSM.