Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flagship - Space RTS from a First-Person Perspective

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Braddas, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Braddas

Braddas

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce my current work-in-progress game, Flagship. It's a first-person RTS set on a galactic scale. It takes the strategy of RTS titles such as Homeworld, Sins of a Solar Empire and Total Annihilation and blends it with a bit of capital ship combat (think Star Trek, Babylon 5 and BSG). You command the entire human fleet from the bridge of your own starship.

We're building it with the Oculus Rift in mind, though you won't need one to play.

Key Features
    • Native Oculus Rift support
    • Build and command your fleet from the bridge of your flagship
    • A massive, procedurally generated galaxy full of systems to colonise
    • Non-linear single player
    • Fully explorable starship
    • Ships in your fleet gain experience

Official site: flagshipgame.com

We are currently running a Kickstarter, if you'd like to check that out you can here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2049430629/flagship-space-strategy-from-a-first-person-perspe

We also released a teaser trailer back in May:

2. Ricks

Ricks

Wow!! This looks great!

3. mathias234

mathias234

This looks amazing

4. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

One of the few games I have seen to make me nearly wet my pants. Ive wanted this since I was a kid!

5. Braddas

Braddas

Thanks everyone!

6. NickHaldon

NickHaldon

This looks AMAZING! If you ever, EVER need a tester, PM me. Keep up the excellent work!

7. rogueknight

rogueknight

I sure hope you get the backing you need! This game deserves every penny it gets.

8. LaneFox

LaneFox

Holy crap that looks cool.

9. laurelhach

laurelhach

Templar I hope you have another pants :)
    Btw, that looks really amazing.
    I don't know what is the scale of your game, from what I see it can be really huge. If you can keep up that quality, it could be a really nice product at the end.

Don't forget to use finger touches for your control command panel :) That could be really nice.

Great work and good luck!

10. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Wow! this looks pretty awesome!

11. Griffo

Griffo

Very impressive ..

12. Braddas

Braddas

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :) We recently released another video update demonstrating the scale of star systems in Flagship, if you'd like to check that out.

Mister-D and TrollHachem like this.
  13. Taff-in-Exile

Taff-in-Exile

This looks fantastic, will follow the development of this title! keep up the great work

14. DeadKenny

DeadKenny

15. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Um... wow...... this takes every other unity project and craps on it.... this looks great. Keep up the good work then the money will flow in $$$$$$

16. Foestar

Foestar

wow..... just wow. First off amazing job on making something original. There really isn't anything out there that's caught my eye that was like this. I'm sure there are lots of games like spore or others that have universes and travel, etc. But NONE of them have the look and feel to yours. Plus, rather than be in a third person or above view like you'd expect you have it in FPS to top off the project with some sweet style.

Second, the scaling and visual aspect, though while rough as you mentioned, is still so much more detailed and satisfying than any game I've ever played.

With these things said, I will end quoting Fry with "Shut up and take my money!"

17. Ra1den

Ra1den

Reading the title i was like "hmm this sounds interesting"
    but then seeing it.... my god! This looks simple beautiful! honestly this might be one of the games i would go out of
    my way to go out and buy cause just wow!

Even the visuals (despite being unfinished) still look really good and they work!

but delivering the experience is something totally different though ( you know making the player feel like the a captain of spaceship/fleet and all! :D) based of what i have read and your concept it would be surprisingly hard to make a truly satisfying experience but from what i see you guys might be the right people for the job! ;)

P.S: If you guys show up the Instant Buy is real :D

18. rogueknight

rogueknight

Love the new wallpaper in the most recent update! Look forward to listening to the new music audio as well.