Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing reference to the runtime script in scene file!

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Gizmoi, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I got this error when loading an asset bundle, containing ScriptableObjects.
    No context or indication as to exactly what caused it. The data loaded fine, I have access to the ScriptableObject I loaded.

Any ideas?

2. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

I am getting the same error too on RC1, I don't recall having this issue before on b18 or b22 using asset bundles.

3. mintman

mintman

I'm getting this error in Unity 4.6.2.

I have an asset containing some ScriptableObjects, but I'm getting an issue in my case where the ScriptableObjects are what I'm calling "Unity null" at the point of serialization.

It's as if the objects have been destroyed, but OnDestroy is not being called. There is a reference there, according to the debugger, but for the purposes of null checks it is "(null)".

Any of these "Unity null" objects seem to throw this error when loaded.

Unity loads this asset without issue, but crashes upon attempting to re-save this asset. I have been reverting the asset each time to find more details, so I'm not working with a botched asset on repeated attempts.

Edit
    Now it seems like it's fixed itself... ? Not getting any issues anymore. But that was weird.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015