Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Finished PBR asset to examine?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by LaneFox, Nov 5, 2014.

1. LaneFox

LaneFox

Does anyone happen to have an asset that we can use as a testbed for the Standard Shader? Preferably metalness workflow.

Or, some basic maps showcasing different materials like Wood, Metal, Chrome, Gold, etc.. Anything would really be helpful.

2. dougdodd

dougdodd

I believe many would benefit from a reference library of fundamental materials. I am creating one now (pedagogically) for myself, by creating all the materials I see in the PBS documentation, using the values given (and with suitable maps). My goal is to replicate what they did exactly and note discrepancies in my results vs theirs. I'm happy to share my results, but I don't have them yet.

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

That would be really cool! Please follow up =)

I've spent a while trying to create good metals, but I'm struggling to get the results I expect. I get something metallicy, but its not what I expect so any references would be helpful.

4. peteorstrike

peteorstrike

Unity Technologies

We have a set of reference materials and a PBS calibration scene in the pipeline at the moment. We're still reviewing a few things in regards to best practice approaches to texturing with the new shaders but once we're happy we'll get them up on the asset store for everyone to use.

For now, this thread has some good resources to look at for correctly setting colours for speculars/gloss, etc - http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/albedo-charts-for-pbr.276664/