Search Unity

Finished making a game. Rate it please

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by dmitry-kozyr, Sep 2, 2014.

1. dmitry-kozyr

dmitry-kozyr

Good day. I've just finished making the game, want you to it is appreciated. In general, the game in the genre of FPS, is passed for 2 minutes. Made in Unity3d on C# abd UnityScript about a month.

I want to get to work as a game developer, so it is interesting to see how this level is sufficient for the position Junior.

P.S. Despite the fact that the game does not look very good, and rather short, there are about 40 scripts :) And I downloaded the models. I just put everything into places, programmed and made the animations.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6XqIlzHy8Q9alpwc2czMjZTTzA/edit

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Cherno

Cherno

Have a webplayer version ready, most people won't bother downloading a possibly infected zip file.

A normal GUI menu would probably make more sense. Also, I wasn't able to change the graphics quality (I think).

A short intro text would be nice when the game starts so the player knows what to do. You know, just a few senteces like, where are you, why are you there, what is your mission.

The first creature you meet looks the same as the ones you have to fight at the end. This is confusing :) Is the first guy some kind of collaborateur? A spy? Also, since I assumed that the creatures were friendly, I didn't know what to do at first in the valley until they started coming right at me and taking my health away.

The fact that the player needs to jump into the pool/vortex is not apparent; Either provide this information during some kind of mission briefing, and have an arrow or something point to it.

Since the water seems to be deadly or at least transports the player back to the starting point, this fact needs to be communicated. In most FPS games, water either can't be traversed at all, or the player can freely swim and/or dive. A deviation from this expected environmental behavior leads to unneccessary confusion and frustration.

The final fight in the valley has some collision glitches; The bullets apparently can hit the invisible colliders of the flames that spout from the ground.

The character can freely jump as long as he touches the ground, even if it's a steep slope. I guess changing the max slope angle can fix that.

It would be good if you could provide some more information about the development process; What were your aims? Difficulties? Influences? Which things did your learn (AI/Physics/Controls/Level Design/...)?

All in all, I'd say it's a good example for one's first own game. It has it's flaws like any other game, but that's not the point. What matters is that you have undoubtely learned a ton of new things, and new ways to do stuff, so that your next game will be a big improvement, and the next one after that even more, and so on. So keep creating things :)

dmitry-kozyr likes this.
  3. dmitry-kozyr

dmitry-kozyr

Thanks for so full answer, I'll try to fix what you say. Look's like it's a lot of work here :)