Search Unity

[Figured it Out] Pedulum like 2D controllable motion.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Venatal, May 2, 2016.

1. Venatal

Venatal

I'm lost on how I should go about doing so.
    At the moment I'm using the Distance joint 2d along side my controller script
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public float SwaySpeed = 5.0f;
    4.     void Update()
    5.     {
    6.         if (Input.touchCount > 0)
    7.         {
    8.             Touch touch = Input.GetTouch(0);
    9.             if (touch.position.x < Screen.width / 2)
    10.             {
    11.                 transform.Translate(-Vector2.right * SwaySpeed * Time.smoothDeltaTime);
    12.             }
    13.             else if (touch.position.x > Screen.width / 2)
    14.             {
    15.                 transform.Translate(Vector2.right * SwaySpeed * Time.smoothDeltaTime);
    16.             }    
    17.         }
    18. }
    which simply should move the player to the right when I press on the right side of the screen and visa versa however with the 2d physics enabled when momentum builds and the player is moving to the right for example I then cannot properly move to the left and so fourth.
    So How could I go about creating a script that when I press the right side of the screen the player travels in pendulum like motion till it reaches a max value i.e reaches screen boundary and then falls back to the lowest point when there is no touches registered and visa versa.
    P.S I plan not to use RigidBody2d.
    Thanks, if you need any additional information or want me to reword something let me know, thanks!
    Concept.png

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Pendulum motion over short distances is described reasonably well with a sine curve.