Search Unity

Feedback wanted on gameplay teaser video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rajmahal, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi guys,

I put together my first gameplay / teaser video for my first game. Used FRAPS and used Windows Movie Maker so not exactly Oscar-caliber stuff. Still I'd appreciate any feedback and tips on what I can do to make it or future teasers / trailers better.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. 0tacun

0tacun

Hey,

it looks like teaser for your action game is lacking a bit, well, action. I though there where a bit too much seeing the player running around. More different action situation could help (with fast camera transition changes). And maybe for ease a near camera shot from the protagonist in the middle of the clip?

Hope it helps!

ChrisSch likes this.
  3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... I should be able to add something closer up. Each level starts up close and the camera pans out so I can grab a clip of that and add it in.

4. Taschenschieber

Taschenschieber

First of all, your company jingle is really quiet in comparison to the rest of the video. Try and boost that a bit.

The final slide with the game's name is just too small in font size, especially in the small embed YouTube player.

Some of the cuts were in really odd places, like the second gameplay scene: Guy fights -> Guy walks -> Cut. That's not really good pacing! What would be okay is either a) Guy fights -> Cut or b) Guy fights -> Guy walks -> Guy fights a bit more -> Cut. But each scene should end on a high note, or even better, it should just have high notes.

jm2c

ChrisSch likes this.
  5. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

If your game has good features such as different combat moves/spells, anything worthy of showing, it would be cool to put that in the corner while its happening.

Like showing the character use different magic attacks while saying in the corner "5 different magic attacks", or even better just mix melee and magic and say "10 attacks to choose from", its shorter and sounds better. Or showing clips of different enemies while saying "5 different enemies" or if it has different game modes, show a clip of each with the title saying "Survival Mode - Fight countless waves". And I don't really know what the game is about, but you get the picture. Maybe outline that too at the beginning of the trailer, like "survive waves of enemies to get to the next level" or whatever the game is about.

EDIT: Also the general rule is, keep it short and to the point. And you have about 3-5 sec to catch the viewers attention when they play your vid, so do something awesome at the very beginning. 1-3 seconds if we're sleep depraved and all over the place. xD
    The attacks are flashy so it won't be hard, you got my attention fast.

6. elmar1028

elmar1028

Love the trailer. However, ending is a bit boring. Add pictures, of "windows phone download" logo or a windows phone mockup itself.