Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on my rock crawler game please

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by khos85, Oct 24, 2014.

1. khos85

khos85

Hi,

I'd like some critique / feedback on a game I'm making, Ultimate Rock Crawler, I'm porting it from my Android game to Windows,
    See a Youtube video:

Any feedback welcome :)
    Thanks,

2. khos85

khos85

No feedback anyone :(
    I updated it some more, see vid:

3. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

Are you sure about the title 'Rock Crawler' being appropriate? It's kind of misleading. I expected to see someone crawling on rocks, not a vehicle going over them.

I see a game like this (which is clearly similar to another title that I think had a Kickstarter so it isn't really original) as really just a test of patience and not necessarily all that fun. I make little turn here, game over. I touch this rock, game over. You might want to consider adding other aspects to the gameplay to keep players interested.

4. kablammyman

kablammyman

you may want to do a lil research to what rock crawling is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_crawling

spraycanmansam likes this.
  5. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

It looks interesting, i assume you are still working on it? I would recommend maybe going for either simpler graphics, maybe a simple toony style or trying to polish the current environment. It would be a bit easier to comment on mechanics from a demo, maybe you could upload a webplayer demo? Ooh and could you add a monster truck, should stop the player getting stuck so much with bigger tyres. Upgradable vehicles parts such as raised suspensions, boost and hydraulic suspension for jumping would also help too.I think upgrades keep interest in the game as the player tries to make their vehicle better so they can progress through more complex tracks. Just some suggestions/ideas. ooh and the graphics for the environment arent bad, but perhaps the vehicles could be polished up, or maybe switch to smoother toon style graphics.

6. khos85

khos85

Thanks ReeRoo! I added a garage where you can customise your car.
    Been going some more on this, see vid:

Thoughts / Feedback most welcome.

ReeRoo likes this.
  7. khos85

khos85

Video of "the garage" section/screen :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014