Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback Friday #13] - Feb 13, 2015 - Friday, the 13th!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Gigiwoo, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Feedback #13 on Friday the 13th! The creepy, icky, mega bad-luck edition!

Want design feedback for your new game? Then you've found the right thread! Post it here to see what others think. Discuss to your heart's content, until next Friday, when we'll lock the old and start anew.

How To Get Folks To Checkout Your Game?
    • Show - Be Interesting! Pics, videos, or best of all, a playable game!
    • Be Concise - Who's got time for Wall 'O Text? Less is more.
    • Read This - More great guidance in superpig's post.
    How To Give Good Feedback?
    • Be Positive - Finding a few redeeming qualities in the worst of games, is in itself a game.
    • Be Respectful - Whichever side you're on, play nice or don't play.
    • Focus On The Design - Not the designer.
    • Be Specific - "Your game sucks!" is for nubs.
    Good luck!
    Gigi

[PS - Feedback Friday #12 is here]

2. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

In a strange case of said bad luck I created a new puzzle mechanic for Sara the Shieldmage, but got seriously sick. So...that's a thing.

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Wow no games this week.

iDontLikeHipsters likes this.
  4. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

I've been meaning to pull my dormant game project over into Unity 5 and put the last couple polishing touches on it...

But it's just soooo hard to sit at home and work in Unity when you've been staring at Unity all day at work.
    Ok... I admit it, that's a lazy excuse.

I'll get my game into one of these feedback fridays sooner or later....

5. iDontLikeHipsters

iDontLikeHipsters

Just plain bad luck.

6. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Fine.

Sara the Shieldmage, Awful Interstitial Edition

Controls:
    WASD - Move
    Enter - Main Menu
    LMB - Clicks Buttons

Known Issues:
    - Just play it and you'll see (and hear).
    - Be very careful when going near water. Most of the water invisible tiles are set, except near coastlines.

Pretty much, I didn't intend to put this up, but since there's much grumbling about no games I decided something awful is better than defeaning silence (which, I'm bad at anyhow.)

The first thing you'll notice, is that you've got a new playable character, Davis, who offers some slightly more aggressive mechanics (War Cry, which is a haste ability, and Thrust, a more powerful attack.) Thanks to this it's now possible to beat the Crystal Cave quest with the bandits.

What I was working on was the World Map; I'm trying to get it ready for the remaining Nuuria continent caves and sidequests. I've already mostly designed how I intend for this first introductory continent to work out, all I have to do is actually make it happen, which is always where the bad stuff starts happening.

I guess give feedback if you want. It's in a rough place right now, which is why I didn't really want to show it off just yet. There's all sorts of stuff I'm trying to do that has little to do with polish, and more with getting the core of the content (text, battles, puzzles, quest sequences, items) going. With all the things that have eaten my time, it's been tough, so I don't expect this build to get anything resembling glowing reviews.

LaneFox likes this.
  7. LaneFox

LaneFox

Sergeant Cody Windows Build 003

This is my 1GAM for Feb, the one goal was to experiment with adding lots of enemies, finding performance bottlenecks and finding ways to optimize features.

So far I've gone from having 30 zombies with ragdoll and active navmesh pathfinding at 50 - 60 fps...
    to..
    50 zombies with ragdoll and active navmesh at 60+ fps.

I'm aiming to get 75 enemies at 60 fps with more interesting patterns for them to spawn and make the town more fun to navigate. This will probably be something like making a second pool group for zombies that just spawn somewhere near where you are headed and will despawn-respawn closer to your heading while the first group simply seeks you from somewhere on the map. This would simply be to avoid allowing the player to just run away and never worry about the zombies catching him.

The controls are goals are simple. WASD/Mouse. Find the puppies and bring them back to the house.

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  8. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

And here I was thinking that the 13th was simply unlucky! For the late posts, please repost them in #14 here.
    Gigi

PS - @LaneFox - LOVE that art style. Hope you repost in #14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.