Search Unity

Feedback, 2 Bugs, 1 Feature that is weird for Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mischa2k, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Feedback
    Been testing Unity on Ubuntu for a few days now while working on a Project, and I really love it. The only really annoying bug is that GetAxis for Mouse doesn't work, but people reported that already.

Bugs
    1.) It only happened once so far, but I got a "pos < this->m_num_bits" bug while the game was running, without any stacktrace.
    2.) Might be because it's only 5.1.0f3, but using NetworkTransform.SerializeRotation3D and NetworkTransform.UnserializeRotation3D gives the following error:
    error CS0120: An object reference is required to access non-static member `UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkTransform.SerializeRotation3D(UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkWriter, UnityEngine.Quaternion, UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkTransform.AxisSyncMode, UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkTransform.CompressionSyncMode)'
    Edit: 3.) Unet's NetworkTransform seems to sync the position _really_ slow between the editor and a linux build. The host sees everything in real time properly, but the client only seems to get updates every 5 seconds or so.

Weird Feature
    I'm new to Ubuntu, so it might be my lack of experience but I can't really figure out how to choose an External Tool for Scripts/Images, as I can't just browse to an .exe file and select it. Maybe a terminal command is needed here?

Anyway, can't wait for that mouse fix, keep up the great work!

2. ma1onso

ma1onso

First bug same for me

3. bullyentertainment

bullyentertainment

Hello from future, still getting this a "pos < this->m_num_bits" in Unity 2017.1.0xf3 in Arch Linux 4.12.8, it happens when I hit return

4. doctorpython

doctorpython

any news on this...? same #1 bug here, on ubuntu linux 16.04, Unity 2017.3.0f1. thanks!

" Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'pos < this->m_num_bits' "

5. Kiori

Kiori

Hi there, I'm guessing you're using stock Ubuntu, that has gnome. You can change the default program that the system uses for opening files by right clicking on the file in the file browser, selecting properties, then open with, and selecting whatever you want as the new 'default'.

As far as having unity open .cs scripts via something other than monodevelop(which you can install), it depends... For instance, vscode is called "code" and it sits under /usr/bin/code, or /bin/code, or /usr/share/code/bin/code, or even /usr/share/applications/code.desktop(that's the shortcut proper).
    You can set that in the 'external editors tab, under preferences in Unity. The famous vscode asset by dotbunny, uses /usr/bin/code for instance, it's a good generic choice.

You can do the same for any other editor you'd like.
    Hope that helps.

6. ykravchik

ykravchik

Hi! Reproduced this assertion (Assertion failed on expression: 'pos < this->m_num_bits') on 5.6.3. Got log errors and no in-game reaction. Exception in Input.GetKey? Didn't dig further.
    In 2020.3 - no log errors, and still no in-game reaction.

Found that reproduces on the Ru keyboard layout. Switched back to En and everything works fine.