Search Unity

Facebook leaderboard/score per level

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SoftwareWorkshop, Feb 16, 2015.

1. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

Hi all,

I was about to implement the leaderboards in my game using the facebook scores api, but I can't find a way to post the score per level. I can only post one score per application.
    Maybe I'm looking in a wrong place because it looks to me that games like candy crush saga are using the facebook to hold the scores per level. Anyone has any idea about that?
    If it's not doable using the facebook can someone point me to some alternative solution for android and ios?

cheers
    Mariusz

2. gamersden

gamersden

3. StevenMCH

StevenMCH

Hi Mariusz,

I was investigating this as well, and yes, some higher budget games do have this function (score per level). Facebook themselves only hold one score variable per Facebook user, so it would be a different method, not Facebook scores API. I believe it is something only achievable using backend services: http://superdevresources.com/leaderboard-service-providers-games/

A lot of these backend cloud coding services are paid/subscription services unfortunately. Therefore only high budget games have the score per level feature.

If you are still interested in integrating your App with regular Facebook SDK, and is unsure how to do so, feel free to consider the plugin I compiled: [4 stars, 15 reviews] https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17803

Cheers
    Steven

4. maxgreen

maxgreen

Another platform worth looking into is SOOMLA. I use their social leaderboards and find the API very simple and intuitive. Got it working in no time. Also looked at Playfab and Gamesparks, but they were out of my league in terms of pricing and feature overkill

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Facebook is pretty firm on it not being a backend service for storing game data. Facebook is a social media platform. So you'll want to investigate using a third party service, or building your own back end.