Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Exporting a sequence for Facebook (360 video)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by emspragu, Jul 30, 2016.

1. emspragu

emspragu

Hi everyone,

Wasn't sure what section this fell into, so if this is the wrong category I apologize.

I've been working with VR in Unity for about six months. One thing I'd like to be able to do is export a sequence from Unity so that it can be viewed using a phone or your mouse like you see on facebook occasionally (you move your phone around to view if you're on mobile, you click and drag to move the camera if you're on a computer).

I'm assuming it's not the same as if you're working with a Rift or Vive. Do you need special plugins to do that? How do you go about putting that video online? I'm assuming you need a 360 video player like KRPano or Kolor Eyes. Would you export your Unity build as a series of videos and then stitch them together in another program?

I'm not even sure where to start and I'm pretty new to this in general.

Thanks in advance!

2. Andrzej-Skibinski

Andrzej-Skibinski

Hello

To make 360 video, you can use some ready made assets available, like Helios (paid, but outputs ready 360 videos), 360 VR Camera Capture Rig or some other ones. There are few on asset store already. You can also create a 6 camera rig yourself if you wish (but then you need to stitch them together/change projection to equirectangular.
    To view them, it's best to use youtube. You just need to inject metadata to the video file, then upload to YT. On YT you can also use cardboard gogles for immersive viewing.

BR
    Andrzej

3. mgear

mgear