Search Unity

Export Blender's mesh/materials/textures/vertex paint problem.

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by AutoExit, Aug 7, 2014.

1. AutoExit

AutoExit

Hi. I am modeling an environment in Blender. I want to check how it looks in Unity. I export it to fbx with blender's exporter and open it in Unity. The most important problem is that i cant see vertex painting (which i did in Blender) in Unity. I found that Unity see textures as you have UVMapped them in Blender and not as Blender's materials. This is how environment looks in Blender:

Focusing on what is vertex painting:

Am I able to archieve in Unity make it look like in Blender's render? How?

I have read that meshes that use vertex paint made in Blender must be exported with COLLADA (.dae). I did it but not all meshes show in Unity, and those which show (and use vertex painting in Blender) dont have any vertex painting effect. I tried export .DAE to .FBX with Autodesk FBX converter but it doesnt work neither. I was experimenting with converting simple plane with two materials and two textures with vertex paint to different formats... no results.

If i am not able to export vertex painting from Blender to Unity, can I do vertex painting in Unity?

How you would solve this problem and make textures look like in Blender?

I dont have experience in Unity, so its possible that i am doing some stupidy that everyone know. I have read a lot and tried some tutorials but i still cant solve that problem.

I have seen this http://cgcookie.com/unity/2013/03/22/quick-tips-working-with-vertex-colors/

Is it possible to do it this way? I have done some tutorials about writing shader scripts but i dont archieve make it work. Exists some universal script that can be loaded to Unity to make Blender's meshes with vertex painting work?

I want to avoid using megatextures, i want to use tiling ones and apply vertex paint.

PS: If someone is interested WORK IN PROGRESS can be found here http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2104502#post2104502

Thank you for help.

2. Freezy

Freezy