Search Unity

Exclusive Licence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xelvod, Oct 25, 2014.

1. xelvod

xelvod

One client asked me for Exclusive Licence for my Pack of models, which i sell on Asset Store.
    Can i remove this item from Asset Store?

2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I can't answer you that, but be careful: if somebody already downloaded your assets and your exclusive licence is badly worded, you can get in Trouble.

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

If you clarify "exclusive", yeah. But obviously like Denuis says if you've sold other copies of it then it clearly isn't the traditional "exclusive" license. You can easily make a custom agreement where both parties understand that other copies may be floating around and that you're not responsible for those popping up in other places. Just clearly define exclusive so that you are covered.

4. ippdev

ippdev

How much are they offering? Like in comparison to the purchase of 1 non-exclusive set of the assets. 5x? 10x? 100x?

5. Grimwolf

Grimwolf

I've tried, and haven't been able to remove an asset. I even contacted support, but they flat-out ignored me and never responded.
    I don't think it's possible.

6. xelvod

xelvod

You are kiding right?

7. xelvod

xelvod

I rather not say how much ...but enough.

8. ippdev

ippdev

Is there any place to offer exclusive licenses to sets of assets? Seems to be a good niche someone should have filled already..or a section of the asset store.

randomperson42 likes this.
  9. xelvod

xelvod

Don't know is there is such place...I know they find me trough Asset Store.

10. derkoi

derkoi

DF-GUI was removed from the asset store so it's possible.

11. Yukichu

Yukichu

Well, while waiting for someone to actually remove your asset, update a broken version of it with comments on how you want it removed, or raise the price to like 10K or something.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Remind me that like 3 or 4 years ago I asked the asset store manager if they would consider doing an auction section. In order for a unique customer to have exclusive rights on a model/asset. If after a pre defined amount of time nobody made a bid on it, it would would fall in the normal non exclusive market place with a way lower price. They seemed to have found the idea interesting but never did anything regarding that.

Demigiant and Ryiah like this.