Search Unity

[RELEASED] Eternal Temple 3D Art Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mana-Station, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Eternal Temple is a 3d art pack designed to crate stylized temple environments.
    In addition to modular blocks, the set features modular buildings that can be extended to any length. 12 building presets are provided to save your time.
    All models have carefully crafted second UV channels for GI. Almost all models have 2 LODs.
    The pack can be used for both top-down and first person views. Recent update adds cliff assets and a sky box to help you build backgrounds.

The set is supplied with a basic hiding objects system which makes trees, bushes, walls and roofs disappear when they are blocking player from view (for example, a roof will be hidden when player enters a building in a top-down project).

High-res content overview
    Cliffs are too big for this shot, see screenshots below.

Hope you like it! :)
    If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or send us an e-mail!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  2. smada-luap

smada-luap

Nice looking pack there :)

Mana-Station likes this.
  3. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Really like it, PBR materials?

Mana-Station likes this.
  4. ogier

ogier

Really, really nice work!

Mana-Station likes this.
  5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks great!

Mana-Station likes this.
  6. Smokas

Smokas

Looks really good. Hope it will not cost a fortune :)

Mana-Station likes this.
  7. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

WOW. Nice Job

Mana-Station likes this.
  8. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Stunning. How much? :)

Mana-Station likes this.
  9. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Thank you, guys! Really appreciate your feedback! :)
    @cygnusprojects, Yes, standard (specular setup) shader for almost everything. Diffuse, normal and specular maps.
    @Smokas @ephemeral life, It will bee $55. $10 higher than Multistory Dungeons, cause Temple is a bit more graphically advanced (high-res textures, better effects and other stuff). And I hope it will be even more functional than the dungeons after a few updates.

10. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

How suitable do you think this would be for mobile?

Mana-Station likes this.
  11. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal, Good question. I didn't test it on mobile just yet because I don't have a license. I believe you can somehow test your project on a mobile device without making a build, but I didn't try this yet. I will try to do this today and than will be able to tell you for sure. I expect it will run fairly good after a few changes, though. I kept polygon count pretty low, models have LODs and ready for baking light maps. We will probably just need to lower textures resolutions, but I should test it first to know for sure :)

EDIT: It seems that I just didn't have Android module, not a license :) I've found everything I need and should be able to test it today.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  12. Smokas

Smokas

Multistory Dungeons works fine on high end mobiles after some optimisations. If you are too lazy - just replace Standard shader to one from mobile list.
    For VR more heavy optimisation needed - particle objects seriously kill performance.
    More less the same level of mobile compatibility I expect from Eternal Temple.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Mana-Station likes this.
  13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Will you add modules as prefabs like you did for the dungeon set?

Mana-Station likes this.
  14. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Smokas, Thanks for the information! I'm a bit worried about my mobile device now, it is far from being high end... ($200 Galaxy Tab A) I tested Eternal Temple on my old laptop and it seems to be a bit more demanding than the dungeons, but this was to be expected.
    @Rajmahal, Yes, I plan to make modules in one of the future updates :)

15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Looks like another winner!

Mana-Station likes this.
  16. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@wetcircuit, Thank you! :)
    @Rajmahal, Sorry for the delay. I've done some tests with both the dungeons and the temple. The dungeon set runs at 60fps after I set textures compression to ETC1, materials to mobile bumped diffuse, and baked light maps. Temple set runs at 45-49fps after doing the same things. So if you are targeting cheap devices like one I have, it is probably better to wait. I'll definitely try to optimize it further.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Dracones likes this.
  17. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

TeagansDad, wetcircuit and S4G4N like this.
  18. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Just started to check this out but so far I'm seriously impressed. One of the best environments I've seen. The multi-levels with the jungle mist just gives an amazing sense of depth and atmosphere.

TeagansDad and Mana-Station like this.
  19. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal, Thank you! Glad you like the atmosphere! It is something I was trying very hard to achieve.

20. blockimperium

blockimperium

How difficult is it to lay out levels using this kit? I've used other kits and found that the pieces laid out in really weird ways making it difficult to really put together a level.

Mana-Station likes this.
  21. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

You can expect some sort of "LEGO style" from this set. You usually start with very simple blocks and stairs (6x6x4), and just block out a level using them. You can add rounded pieces and replace some blocks with arched ones etc. Than you decorate everything with railings and columns, add trees, bricks, decals etc. The only complication is buildings - they can be big and require additional space. You need to put some work to decorate this empty space and find an interesting way to build your level around the buildings. You will find a demo level inside the package, which I hope will help a lot.

22. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Props update is available!
    These new objects (furniture, candles, jugs etc) will breathe new life into these empty buildings. There are also some new objects for outdoor areas: scaffolding, planks, barrels, chest etc.

This is just the first step in making this asset both good looking and really useful. I'm now working on new architectural elements like arches, pits, big walls etc. I hope to present some big tiles like arenas and boss fights in the next big update.

23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That's amazong. Those are some incredible props.

S4G4N likes this.
  24. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

25. justtime

justtime

Hi! Is this compatible for 3d person view?

26. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Hey guys! New update is live!
    This time I added town walls and gates, arches, pits and platforms + a new floor circle.

Gates are always open for now, I'm still thinking what to do with this. The temple is supposed to be really ancient, so I can not imagine functioning metal gates. For now they are supposed to be either open at all times or blocked with bricks and/or planks.
    I also improved some textures. You'll notice a moss and Ivy on roofs and arches. Ivy is removable in the editor if you do not need it.
    You can download and play an updated demo where you can change the weather in real time (by pressing Space):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9rxvws1vxzbg45v/Eternal_Temple_PC_Demo_1.2.rar

I hope you like the new dark rainy look to the set. Sunny weather is still available, just increase the intensity of the sun and turn off the rain which is just a particle emitter.

Please let me know what you think! Maybe you liked bright and shiny look better?

@justtime It can be used for 1-st and 3-rd person views as well, but please note that there are no skyboxes in the package.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    S4G4N and Rajmahal like this.
  27. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

They look great. I wouldnt worry about gates. Those cam always be added from other assets as needed. If you wabt to add anything, I'd suggest some statues.

28. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Thank you! Yeah, I'd like to have some statues in the package too. Although, making statues can be pretty time consuming... I think I'll try and see how it goes.

29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool .. Alterbatively, you could always go with primotive stone structures like obelisks, menhirs and totems.

30. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Oh, yeah, you are right! I've thought about those too. Maybe I'll make a couple of those things, they can be pretty useful as triggers, portals and stuff like that. Or just as decoration.

31. TBruce

TBruce

Just purchased Eternal Temple and I also have Multistory Dungeons. Can you tell me when it will be support DunGen? Thanks!

Also, you previously mentioned that there were plans for Eternal Temple to get it's own dungeon. Do you have any idea when that will be available?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  32. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Mavina Thank you for supporting my work! :)
    I can't tell exactly when DunGen support will be out. It is a bit harder to make an adaptation for this set, because you need a good background, not just a black or foggy one for the dungeons. This means either enormous tiles (with background zones included), or creating special objects for background (like ruins, mountains, clouds etc). So I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I need to test these things.
    About ET Dungeon - yes, this is the next set I'll be working on. But again, I can't tell you when it will be out. It seems like I usually need 3 - 4 month to release a new set.

33. radimoto

radimoto

Purchased this just before the sale ended, couldn't resist considering how great it looks. The video showing how the temple was built sealed the deal.

I have fired up the demo scene in VR and it is really immersive :)

34. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@radimoto Thanks for your purchase and feedback! Glad you mentioned the video, I tried to demonstrate the building process as much as I can. Hope it runs well in VR, I spent half the dev time making LODs. And I don't have any decent VR device to test it with.

35. TBruce

TBruce

Thanks for the update. Would you mind, if possible, to send me an update message when either of these packages are ready? Thanks!

36. f1ac

f1ac

Could you please add assets(presets) which will make it possible to stack straight and rounded staircases? Current ones don't match when I try to make stairways to heaven :)

37. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Mavina Would be glad to!
    @f1ac Could you please make a screenshot of what you are trying to do, cause all stairs should mach just fine. There might be a problem with non-removable columns along the walls if you try to make a very-very high stair, though. I'll work on that.

38. f1ac

f1ac

@Mana-Station This is an example. I've stacked two staircases and added a base under the second one. Issues:
    - Railing textures don't quite match, one is lighter than the other, and there is a visible border. From one side there is a sharp transition from stones with lichen to stones without lichen.
    - I need to move bottom decors down for the second staircase and add a base. Not a big issue, but it would be quite nice to have presets for 'second level staircase' etc.

And if try to stack two rounded staircases, railings/stairs don't even match (when aligned to 1m grid), and I can't find any rounded bases to put under the second stair. Am I overlooking something?

Attached Files:

39. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@f1ac Thank you for the screenshots!
    You don't want to let rounded staircases overlap. You just connect them edge to edge and place a column in between like you do with the rest of the stuff:

There is a rounded base block, it just doesn't have columns along the walls (I'll add one that does).

The same thing applies to regular stairs. Take those with no railings and decors, connect them edge to edge, put columns in between and place railings and decors from 'Prefabs > Railings and Decors' folder.

I'm not sure what causes those lighting artifacts on your screenshots (I mean railings get lighter on one end). You will not see those things on textures...
    Please let me know if you have any further questions!

S4G4N likes this.
  40. f1ac

f1ac

@Mana-Station Thanks, will try it. Any chance of getting 'second level' etc staircase prefabs for the lazy ones? :)
    Lighting difference is caused by realtime GI with ambient set to 'Skybox' btw, tried with resolution up to 5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  41. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@f1ac Yeah, why not, I'll add more drag-n-drop presets :)

42. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hey,

Starting to heavily test and use this for mobile (iOS) and it's pretty great. However, there is still room for better mobile performance if there was greater use of atlased textures. Do you think there's any possibility of you creating prefabs that use more aggressive atlasing of textures like multistory dungeon has?

43. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Hey! This is great news! Yes, I think it is possible to make texture atlases. I really want this pack to work well on mobile and VR. The thing that concerns me is polycont, especially on buildings. If I need to remodel stuff for mobile, it would be a nightmare. Does the polygon amount cause any performance issues for you? Or is it just textures?

Rajmahal and S4G4N like this.
  44. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Polygon is ok. Just texture atlasing to reduce draw calls is all that's needed in my experience so far.

S4G4N likes this.
  45. Sovogal

Sovogal

Poly count is acceptable with occlusion culling. This could use a first-person pass similar to the one Multistory Dungeons received. The setpass calls are really high, which you might solve by atlassing a little more comprehensively, but I'd be sad if it resulted in lower resolution. The textures are sharper in first person than Multistory Dungeons, and I'd hate to give that up, because it's absolutely gorgeous.

46. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

New update is here! This time I added cliff assets, sky box and a first person demo level. You can download and play new Demo right now. This update greatly improves compatibility with first person projects, making it much easier to build backgrounds.

I changed the lighting again, just could not resist this sunny look. Hope you like it too!

S4G4N, smada-luap and cygnusprojects like this.
  47. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Sovogal Thank you for the kind words! I'll try to figure out the way not to loose texture details. Maybe modify substances to support lower res, and use detail maps to make them look even better. I just need to try this all and see what works. Thanks again for the feedback!

S4G4N likes this.
  48. smada-luap

smada-luap

Nice. I might not need to buy any other rock packs if they make nice mountains and cliffs like this :)

S4G4N likes this.
  49. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Regarding texture resolution, perhaps keep the atlased textures as high as you need and leave it up to the user to compress the textures as much as needed for mobile? As I target for mobile, I'll have no problem just taking the big atlassed texture and selecting a lower resolution max texture size for mobile platforms. That way, everyone should be happy.

Thanks for the update. I love the sunny light settings.

S4G4N likes this.
  50. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Yes, this is exactly how it is going so far. It seems like I'm getting two 8192x8192 lossless atlases for architecture, vegetation, props and cliffs + one small atlas for VFX. You should be able to set the atlases res to 4096 and not notice any difference on mobile. Actually, some of the textures are set at a lower res even in current version and still look good on PC :)

S4G4N likes this.