Search Unity

Error ITMS-90535: Unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key - UnityAds.bundle

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by eezSZI, Sep 25, 2015.

1. eezSZI

eezSZI

When trying to upload to the App Store (iOS) I get this error. Search around with little results, do you know what this is about? Should I remove the CFBundleExecutable from the plist or is that needed for UnityAds?

Unity 4.6.8p2
    Xcode 7.0

Fronne likes this.
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

This CFBundleExecutable key has been in Unity Ads forever, so apparently Apple decided to enforce validation of this recently. We have fixed this in latest version on asset store, so please download this and try again.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

Fronne likes this.
  3. eezSZI

eezSZI

Thank you for the quick response! I've downloaded the latest and now everything went through without a hitch.

Fronne likes this.
  4. PHLCollective

PHLCollective

I am also having this issue with the new Unity Ads, Xcode 7 and Unity 5.2.1.

Even before getting the upload error Xcode throws this warning:

warning: skipping file '/Users/Nickmad/Desktop/how_test_ios9_10/UnityAds/UnityAds.bundle' (unexpected file type 'wrapper.plug-in' in Frameworks & Libraries build phase)

Does anybody know how to fix this or if a fix is coming???

5. dylanbevis

dylanbevis

Hi,

I'm having the same issue but I'm using Fyber's mediation adapter for UnityAds, is there a new version of that available. Or alternatively is there a quick fix I can just do in Xcode so I can submit?

Cheers

6. MrBrux

MrBrux

In your project assets, search for UnityAds.Framework -> UnityAds.bundle -> info.plist

Remove the CFBundleExecutable Entry.

If you have Unity 5.2 installed. The UnityAds.Framework is in the Unity installation folder.
    You can also find the UnityAds.Framework in the Frameworks folder of your XCode project.

dylanbevis and rasmus-unity like this.
  7. Luna4Dev1

Luna4Dev1

I'm getting this error too - even though I've recently submitted builds of this project. I guess it's something that Apple have changed?

Unfortunately my info.plist file in UnityAds.Framework -> UnityAds.bundle doesn't actually contain a CFBundleExecutable key when opened in XCode, so I have no idea what it's complaining about or how to work around this issue!

Fronne likes this.
  8. benbastian

benbastian

You can edit the plist file in a text editor

9. Luna4Dev1

Luna4Dev1

Further to my last post; there was a "BundleExecutable" entry which, when deleted, made my project work.

Fronne likes this.
  10. aFeesh

aFeesh

Where did you find the "BundleExecutable" entry as I am having the same issue with Unity Ads and there isn't a "CFBundleExecutable" to delete. All I see is a "CFBundleSupportedPlatforms". I am using Unity 5.2.1f1 and Xcode 7.0.1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  11. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

I believe this issue has been fixed in 5.2.1f1, so you shouldn't need to change anything. Are you still having problems.

12. nightlobster

nightlobster

I am also experiencing this issue, with 5.2.1f1. It happens after archiving the build, and trying to submit to app store

13. popsiclegames

popsiclegames

I have the same issue

14. engieelec

engieelec

15. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

Upgrade to Unity 5.2.2, upgrade Xcode to latest version and it will work. No other changes will be needed.

16. Dost-IT

Dost-IT

I'm getting this error in Unity 5.5 and Xcode 8.0.
    So I just have to remove the key + the line below it, or is there another solution?