Search Unity

Error in lastest XCode

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by CPlusPlus1408, Mar 11, 2014.

1. CPlusPlus1408

CPlusPlus1408

Hi,

today I had to download a / the latest XCode-Version due to the iOS 7.1 Update of my iPhone.
    Unfortunately an error is thrown during compiling. (It does NOT stop compiling though)
    Is this a known error or is this a bug?

Code (csharp):
    1. GenerateDSYMFile
    Code (csharp):
    1. error: invalid abbreviation code [114] for DIE at 0x00001408 in '/Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-egxnjjcvhivqyubmmmfosuucjzsj/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Assembly-CSharp.dll.o'

2. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

+1 to this. My device is an iPad mini IOS 7.1.

I have found another guy experiencing the same problem here.

I'll keep on looking for a solution. Will come back if I find it.

Regards,

Aernarion

3. jeremyabel

jeremyabel

I'm getting this as well. Going to try and roll back xcode...

4. smktang

smktang

I am having the same issues. After updating to XCode 5.1, Unity can't open the project automatically in XCode after a "Build and Run". After manually opening the project in XCode and trying to build, I too get the dsymutil error.

To get rid of the error, I went to "Build Settings"->"Debug Information Format" and set it to DWARF. I don't know what the implications are, but I believe it's for debug only.

Another thing I noticed when updating to XCode 5.1, in the "Capabilities" section, there are a couple of X's for the Game Center section, but that was easily repaired through the wizard.

5. soofaloofa

soofaloofa

Turning off debug `Script Debugging` in the build settings fixes this for me.

6. schmosef

schmosef

Thanks for posting this fix.

Someone else posted your solution to stackoverflow with a helpful screenshot.

7. mattSydney

mattSydney

But what f you want to debug?? Or attach profiler?

8. Joseph-Ferano

Joseph-Ferano

Any update on this? I need to get a stack trace for a crash I'm getting only on my device.

9. Joseph-Ferano

Joseph-Ferano

Well, I just tried compiling without dsym and I got a stack trace. The magic combination is to have script debugging enabled, slow and safe in the player settings, and don't use dsym. Then run from xcode and you can get a stack trace inside the output window.