Search Unity

EOS | Deep Sea Journey

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello Everyone!
    Today, I will be presenting you my latest project: EOS, The Deep Sea Journey!

EOS
    is a game that will take place deep down in the ocean where you'll be playing as the creature, called EOS.
    The game is going to be sort of an exploration game, where you'll have to solve different difficulty- and imagination- based puzzles in order to get out of the deep and dark side of the ocean and get to wander off freely in the beautiful blue shiny side.

Official in-game picture (first-day-of-development)!

For all you GIF-lovers like me :)
    https://gfycat.com/WellgroomedPowerlessGrayling

Story:
    You're EOS, a mystic and rare sea-creature who fell for a trap several years ago and got bound deep down the ocean. Your goal is to solve the mystic puzzles of the ocean and break the chains that are binding you to the dark side of the ocean, and get back where you belong!

About EOS Creature:
    EOS is a mystic extremely-shiny creature living underwater. It has three bodyparts, acting like its bodyguards - also called for Seekers, which can be sent to desired position by EOS to literally 'seek out' for threats and grant long-term vision for EOS. Every Seeker has their own abilities which can be controllably used by EOS. As EOS has full control over its Seekers, they're considered for being bodyparts.

The three different Seekers has their own names specifically. They are formed in a triangle, with EOS in the middle.

The Seeker at top of this triangle is called Electra. Electra's special power is to use the mystic energy spared in itself, and throw a electric ball on something to destroy it. Huge objects are useally not affected by Electra's power, but small objects like single rocks in its path can be easily eliminated.

The Seeker at left side of the triangle is called Visionizer. Its special power is to gain lots of light source because of its energy, which can be used only once to grant super-great vision for 10 seconds. Visionizer can seperately be sent to grant extra vision whilst rest of the Seekers are on their own place to grant vision.

The last Seeker, at the right side of the triangle is called for Dasher. Even though the name could give wrong ideas about its super power, what it does is basically it grants EOS and rest of the Seekers a great amount of movement speed for 5 seconds.

All powers can be used only once per level!

This thread will be used as dev-log until I can get some donations that are enough to purchase a domain for my website! Donations will always be accepted and super-appreciated, and used to buy Unity Pro!

All donations can be done to the PayPal adress vspygaming@live.com

Thank you for your time, hope you all like the game! If you do, be sure to let me know what you think of it and if you got any suggestions, feedback or even just wanna say Hi! :)

2. Sykoo

Sykoo

That plant is destroying the picture :'( I'll probably rework on lightning of the plants in the game :)

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'm working hard on this project, I'd be super glad to hear your opinions on the uniqueness of this game? :)

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

I am currently working on Enemy AI scripting. I will try and get some models that works for a game like this though.

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

A new screenshot:

6. Skorn

Skorn

Is there picture of the creature you play as? All I can make out of the pics is blinding lights and not sure what to make it out as. Liking where the idea is going though!

Sykoo likes this.
  7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello! Thank you very much for your feedback :)

The creature you are playing as is the one in the middle. You have three light sources (seekers) around you shaped as a triangle (as in the picture). There will be a reducement to the light in order to skip bleeding eyes ^^

There may obviously be improvements like model changes to the Seekers or the EOS (player monster) itself, but all will be done by feedback from you guys :)

Once again thank you very much for the feedback, I'll see how to reduce the light without making it way too obvious :)
    Thank you!

8. jkarateking

jkarateking

Game looks like it could be good.
    Please post a gameplay video so we know how it plays :)

Sykoo likes this.
  9. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Thank you very much for your feedback! :)

I will post one as soon as I build up a playable map, enough to make a video at. Currently I am working hard on school projects , as soon as they get a little settle down I will work on making the puzzle bits of the maps :) Then there will definitely be a video!

Thanks once again :)

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Now I am working on coding the Seekers :) Visionizer is done and works properly, but there are two other ones that has to be coded and I'll do that tomorrow hopefully :)

Currently known bugs:
    • Visionizer may bug over the maximum amount of light that should be given
    • Lightning of the map may cause over-lightning in-game which can hurt eyes (will be fixed absolutely first)
    • (Not a real bug but...) Animations for Seekers returning to EOS after seeking all together has to be reworked (all animations probably will get some rework sooner or later!)

Recent fixed bugs:
    • Visionizer power is giving light, and it works now properly!
    • Visionizer power is now taking 2 seconds to reach maximum amount and 5 seconds to reduce to old amount (fade-in and fade-out)
    • A part of the map-lightning bug has been fixed
    • More proper mesh-colliders added
    • Seekers now detects if they collide with rocks and automatically stops

11. Sykoo

Sykoo

I will be working hard on my school job under this couple of weeks but I will still not lose track of this project :)

12. Razorwings18

Razorwings18

I had the same problem with my project -extreme poverty :p-. I solved it by registering the domain with NamesCheap (just under $10 for a year), and I used Google's Blogger (www.blogger.com) to build the website for free. You can actually build a full-fledged website on Blogger if you know HTML/CSS. And if you don't, there's always templates.
    You can find a lot of guides on how to build a full website with Blogger if you google for it.

If you want to see what can be accomplished in under 2 days, you can see my website address in my profile (I'm not putting it here to avoid looking spammy, it's really not my intention)

Hope it helps!

13. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I will try and get some donations for the game first and then build up a website. I currently take web-development courses in school with HTML And CSS at same time to synchronize them together and therefore I may be able to build up my whole own website without having to waste my extra spare-time! :)

Once again, thank you for the suggestions! I will check both out soon :)

14. jkarateking

jkarateking

Can't you host the website through your computer to save money?

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

I would need a VPS for that which costs anyway. Or I may also be able to code up a server but that'd take alot of time and require tons of knowledge.

16. jkarateking

jkarateking

Has any development happenned on the game :)

17. Sykoo

Sykoo

Well right now, I just begun on a side project. Actually to be honest - I do not know which one is the side project ^^ But more information will be leaked about that secret side-project of mine soon :) Hopefully next week!

At the moment, I am super-busy with school-work as well - especially math - as I'm taking computer science (IT) courses, it's in Tech program which makes math a pain in the ass. But I still try and keep track of both my projects and school without making them crash - also I have a training life which I have to keep on carrying ^^' Tough luck haha.

But I will try and work more on EOS as well, and try to get it released before 2014 ends!
    Thank you for your considerations and thoughts! :)