Search Unity

Editor GUI Send Message Interface

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by LaireonGames, Mar 3, 2015.

1. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Hey everyone,

Been searching around for a bit and can't seem to find the answer. I know how to do this manually but I feel like Unity will have exposed something to make this easier and would rather use that if possible. Basically what I would like to recreate in a custom editor script is this (Image below)

Just incase that image doesn't load/to be clear what I am trying to do is show the new standard send message interface that lets you drop a gameobject and then select the method to run from it.

Cheers!
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. billykater

billykater

Take a look at http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Events.UnityEvent.html which is the underlying type of such events. It should provide all things needed(with the default gui). If you just want to recreate a similar thing you should be able to look at the source code for it in the unity ui source code.

3. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Your answer didn't really make any sense at first but after a bit of experimenting I can see your right and it works :D

Basically, for anyone else reading this, you need to do something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public UnityEvent eventName;
    Then you will see the event exposed as I was wanting. Not tested this yet but assume once you are ready you can call Invoke to run the event/s