Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EasyRoads3D v1.0 for Unity - Plugin version Online

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raoul, Apr 29, 2009.

1. magoghm

magoghm

I did try several times before posting on this forum. I tried again today with Unity 3.0 and with Unity 3.1 and I still got the same message. So I tried again while running tcpdump and this is what I found:

08:28:45.164080 IP 192.168.1.110.54910 > 66.96.144.190.80: Flags [P.], seq 1:134, ack 1, win 65535, options [nop,nop,TS val 580822963 ecr 1081936310], length 133
    E.....@.@..(...nB`...~.Po...H..u....r-.....
    "...@} .GET /crossdomain.xml HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: UnityPlayer/3.1.0f3 (http://unity3d.com)
    Host: www.unityterraintools.com
    Accept: */*

08:28:45.409079 IP 66.96.144.190.80 > 192.168.1.110.54910: Flags [.], seq 1:1421, ack 134, win 4429, options [nop,nop,TS val 1081936539 ecr 580822963], length 1420
    E...\.@.....B`.....n.P.~H..uo..L...M.......
    @}
    ."...HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:28:44 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html
    Connection: keep-alive
    Server: Apache/Nginx/Varnish
    Last-Modified: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:11:59 GMT
    ETag: "d2e29bc8-4e4-486ceffc79be2"
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Length: 1252

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>
    <title>404 Error - Page Not Found</title>
    </head>

<body>
    <table style="border: 1px dashed rgb(204, 204, 204);" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="800">
    <tr>
    <td style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">

<h1 style="margin:0px;">Page Not Found</h1>
    <p style="margin-top:0px;">The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:</p>

<ul>
    <li>If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.</li>
    <li>Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.</li>
    <li>Use a search engine like <a href='http://www.google.com'>Google</a> to look for information on the Internet.</li>
    </ul>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <br/>

<table width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">

<iframe src="http://dsnextgen.com/?a_id=101686&domainname=referer_detect" frameborder="0" height
    08:28:45.409211 IP 66.96.144.190.80 > 192.168.1.110.54910: Flags [P.], seq 1421:1530, ack 134, win 4429, options [nop,nop,TS val 1081936539 ecr 580822963], length 109
    E...\.@.....B`.....n.P.~H...o..L...M.......
    @}
    ."...="800" scrolling="auto" width="800"></iframe>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</body>

</html>

Your server is answering with HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

It is kind of weird, because when I paste http://www.unityterraintools.com/te...&email=mago@simplej.com&serial=demo&flag=true in my browser your server answers "ok".

By the way, I also found out that your plugin only tries to contact the server the first time you click on Register. After that it just gives you the error message without trying to contact the server again. This happens even if you change the contents of your mini-registration form! You must exit Unity and restart it again in order to force your plugin to try to contact the server again.

I'm running Unity on Mac OS 10.6.4, and the 1.8.1_DEMO version of your plugin.

I hope you can use this information to fix the problem. I can see you have put a lot of work into making EasyRoads3D, I like very much what I've seen on the videos and it would be very useful on the project I'm working on right now.

Please let me now if there are anymore tests you want me to run in order to find out what is causing this problem. I will be glad to help.

2. raoul

raoul

@Pixero, crossroads is next on the list. For now the easiest way to do this is by placing markers at exactly the same position on both road objects where they cross. Export both road objects and merge them in your modelling app.

@magoghm, thank you very much for your effort. It is strange, the file is definetely there. As I wrote earlier I did a fresh demo install project this morning, it registered fine at the first attempt. I am doing a large amounts of registration tests on v2 at the moment, not a single time I received the "Could not connect message". I will change the connection code to the server if this is a regular issue in general, it uses the www class at the moment. I am really sorry but could you try again now and then and let me know how it goes?

@Greg Bassett , I just finished the store update (not activated yet). The special preorder prices for Version 1 to 2 upgrade will be $19, for 1.7 and later $9 (as I promised this a long time ago), and the special price for a new license will be $39 (The current official price of version 1). Yes, that is right, those who want to save $1, register now quickly to get your version 1. It is still online but not for long ;)

@GODLIKE, thanks, I am glad you like it! I belief the new prices are still very reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. magoghm

magoghm

Problem solved! It seems that the registration doesn't work in the Unity editor when the active build target is WebPlayer. I just switched the build target to standalone that solved the problem :)

4. raoul

raoul

Yes, you are right, I completely forgot about that. This is an issue in Unity 3.0 that has been reported before. Glad you solved it! I will put this in the manual.

5. Thetal

Thetal

WOW! Thank you for sharing! Now i finally was able to try this addon! It is neat :)

6. magoghm

magoghm

Tested it and liked the results :)

We will be using it for our current project. I already sent you the payment via PayPal.

7. raoul

raoul

Thank you magoghm!

Everything for the first v2 beta is prepared. I will activate things tomorrow morning.

8. malyna

malyna

I won't sleep at night !

9. raoul

raoul

All of this is activated, you can now pre order version 2 which will give access to the version 2 beta package including the scripts and a demo project with the scenes used in the v2 preview movie.

Special Prices during the beta period are:

- Full Version: $39
    - Upgrade from Version 1: $19
    - Upgrade from 1.7 and later: $9

http://unityterraintools.com/store.php

A special not for current license holders, near the top of the manual you will find a summary of what is new in EasyRoads3D Version 2.

Also, your feedback is much appreciated and suggestions will definetely be considered to be included in the final release of version 2.

Thanks!

What is EasyRoads3D?
    Demo Video 1
    Demo Video 2

10. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Just bought it! :D

Gonna get one of my cars racing around the v2 demo scene!

Will post a video in next couple of days!

11. malyna

malyna

hi,
    Just bought it !
    Can't wait to test.

12. raoul

raoul

Thanks guys, and all other "early" purchasers!

@malyna, already replied to your PM, everybody, do not forget to click the yellow "Return to EasyRoads3D" button from Paypal after payment has been processed. This will bring you back to the www.UnityTerrainTools.com website and will display your serial and download links!

Btw. Unfortunately Mac issues have been reported by one person. Although the purchase is a preorder, I don't want to disappoint you guys that is why I am mentioning it here immediately. Anyone else on Mac experiencing issues creating a simple road?

13. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I bought upgrade from EasyRoads3D v1 to v2 too... But I can't get it to work. :/ I have 3 problems.

1. I must register EasyRoads3D several times... It says "Congratulations" and then it's okay but if I delete and add another RoadObject then I see this register box again.

2. How can I see my road? I only see markers but no road geometry connected to that even after successful registration.

3. If I try to build - debug window shows me an error like this:

I'm using Unity 3.1 / Windows 7 / x64

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  14. livio3d

livio3d

Hi, i buy it but i miss the "yellow" button , i sent you a pm.

15. raoul

raoul

@SirLancelot, that is strange the EasyRoads3D.dll does not reference the UnityEditor.dll. Is this in the demo project or in one of your own projects? I willsend you a PM with my email. Can you turn on "Enable Debugging" in Settings, move one of the markers and send the debug log file to this email?

@livio3d, yes, I saw your PM, you should have received an email with your serial and download links

16. livio3d

livio3d

in download! Thx for all !

17. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

When I load the road scene in the v2 demo project, if I try and Play the scene, I get The referenced script on this Behavior is missing displayed twice, one for a missing script attached to the Main Camera, and the other for a missing script on the tracer object.

And the road is just white, not textured?

Any ideas?

18. magoghm

magoghm

On my Mac I haven't been able to create a road with the beta. I can place the markers but I don't see any mesh. I've already tried all the combinations I could think of (close project, open project, create whole new project and reimport the package, etc.) and it still doesn't work.

19. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

In both. Demo and own project. And It is really annoying that I have to enter my registration details over and over again :(. I can send you this log but which log do you mean? Editor.log?

Same here but on Windows...

20. livio3d

livio3d

Same problem here on windows 7 i cant build road and register every time i open a scene

21. raoul

raoul

@SirLancelot, actually one of the classes inside the EasyRoads3D is referencing the UnityEditor dll, here it doesn't raise errors through that is why it is still there, I will fix that!

@Greg, Sorry those scripts were used to create the "flyby" at the end in the v2 preview movie. I will remove the components from both gameobjects.

@magoghm, I am looking into this Mac issue but at the moment I rely on feedback regarding this. Just like I asked SirLancelot, can you send the debug log file to the email I used to send you the serial for version 1?

This whole Mac thing is getting a bit frustrating. I will get me a new Macbook next week so I can properly test myself as well.

22. raoul

raoul

@SirLancelot, Select the road object and In the Inspector select the Settings Tab of the EasyRoads component. There is an option "Enable Debugging" that writes info to the debog.log file.

But, you both have these problems on Windows?

@livio3d , do you get the same error message as SirLancelot described (I will fix that):

@Greg, how are things working for you apart from what you wrote about the missing components? The white road must be because the texture is missing. Did you try to create a new road object? Is the texture still missing?

Anyone else have the same issues mentioned above?

23. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

It must have something to do with your copy protection... / registration system. If I try to build your demo for example it throws this error above and then it is no more registered (and it was it before) so I have to re-enter my details again and again and again... I can send you the exact error if you want. Something with HostView.

24. raoul

raoul

This is what causes the problem with the Mac. You can send that exact error but I am also interested in seeing the debug log as it gives me detailed information of where things go wrong.

25. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

It seems that it also causes problem with windows. I'll send my debug log to you in a few minutes.

26. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've sent you an email with my log...

27. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi Raoul,

Not much luck so far! :(

Still got a white road in the demo scene?

Looking at Surface shader it has upgrade errors? SubShader commented out?

Also if I create a new scene, and a flat terrain, I can add my markers, but then what do I do?

I tried using the Build EasyRoads3D Objects from the EasyRoads3D menu, but it just gives me a warning, and then my markers disappear, and I have no road?

Think I must be doing something dumb?

28. devilkkw

devilkkw

i've buyed full version,and i've same problems of SirLancelot and Greg Bassett.

I use windows 7 x64 and unity 3.1.

I've try to import esyroads on my project and create a new project,but problem still exist.

tHATS MY ERROR WHE I TRY TO CREATE ROADS:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EasyRoads3D.OCOCDQDODO.OOCCCOCDDO ()
    RoadObjectScript.OOCCCOCDDO () (at Assets/EasyRoads3D/scripts/RoadObjectScript.cs:324)
    (wrapper dynamic-method) RoadObjectScript:RoadObjectScript$OOCCCOCDDO$ (object,object[])
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (System.Object target, System.String cacheKeyName, System.Type[] cacheKeyTypes, System.Object[] args, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (System.Object target, System.String cacheKeyName, System.Object[] args, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  29. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

If it's any use, I am using Windows 7, x32, Unity 3.0

30. devilkkw

devilkkw

i've fixed problem with no save registration data:

In frist make a backup of our project folder;
    delete the library folder on the project folder
    Now open unity and open our project,wait until all reimports have finished.
    u have to reimport all package used in our project manually.
    when finish,save,exit and reopen unity.
    now import easyroads package,then register it.

registration works,but now i don't see makers when i build the road,and no log error appear(debugging option is checked).
    i thinks this problem are because this is beta version.

31. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I can see the author rubbing his hands at the GTA car contest! with cars.... there must be roads! :)

32. raoul

raoul

It seems all of you are experiecing the same issue. I have received emails from some of you. I will prepare a new build and send it to everyone who emailed me. Once this issue is resolved I will let you all know. If you want to participate in this new build testing please sent me an email (PM me for my email if you do not already have it) with the debug info and I will sent the new test builts to you too.

Correct debug info: enable debugging in settings, clear the debug console and move a marker, this will write info to the console.

@hippocoder, yes I am following the GTA car contest, however EasyRoads3d has been there for a while now, this was the first thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/19307-easy-roads-in-unity?highlight=easyroads3d

And actually EasyRoads3D version 2 will be much more then a road tool only when all new features are implemented.

33. devilkkw

devilkkw

i've try many time.
    i enter and exit unity 35 time,and only in 1 extensions worked,but able to create only 1 road.
    i sent you detail on a private message.

34. raoul

raoul

Hi devilkkw, I just send the latest build to your email, it has been reported as working by several testers, no issues reported yet.

I am waiting for a little bit more feedback, if all continues to be fine I will update the official beta download.

35. devilkkw

devilkkw

now it's works fine for me.Registretion is not request every time and all function don't get errors.
    Very good extensions.Thank's.

36. raoul

raoul

Thanks devilkkw and all of you who helped me on this Sunday to fix this major issue!

For those who already preordered, both the package and the demo project zip downloads on the server have been updated. Please download both files again from the same link! Let me know if it doesn't work for you or if you run into other issues.

Get your beta access here by preordering for a special price, http://unityterraintools.com/store.php

37. devilkkw

devilkkw

i've find a little problem:
    if i import on my project,it's don't recognize the terrain,the makers don't works on terrain,but out of this in the empty position.
    in new project,it's works perfect for roads.but im not able to make railing and sideways.
    Can u have a detailed help,or video instruction?(i referre to preview video in our website,but i've slow connection,and load is too slow,is possible have a downloable version of this video?)

and i've a suggest for you,i've use for make a way and a river(yes,build the roads and change material,onli for test). can u make easyriver in future?? LOL

im still waiting final release.

38. livio3d

livio3d

Actually i cant register this version :

Could not connect to server! Please try again. If the problem persists you may try again later.

39. raoul

raoul

@devilkkw, just to make sure this is not a scripting issue, can you try the demo project. Render the road / terrain, build the side objects and play with the side objects properties in the Inspector. Check the manual for more details. After that we can look at what you are trying to do with the side objects yourself. I asked the same to someone else who helped me today, he also had problems creating a side object. He confirmed that the demo project was working fine. video tutorials is being worked on but this is still in beta stage so finishing the version 2 has the priority. I strongly recommend to carefully read the manual, everything is described in there. If it still doesn't work maybe you can describe in detail what / where things go wrong. I will prepare a download for the v2 previes movie and post a link here when ready.

I do not completely understand what you mean with this. If this is possible, you can always upload your project in a zip to a server where I can download it and have a look at it.

You can do this already at the moment by creating a horizontal side object raised above the road surfaces. Does that make sense? But, regarding a dedicated river tool, read the manual near the top, "NEW IN VERSION 2" point 6

@livio3d, a couple of days ago this "issue" was discussed and is also referred to in the Manual at the top in the part that covers the registration. Did you look at the build settings of your unity project? Are you using the demo project to register? I just checked, the build Settings is actually set to Webplayer (I will change that). But to probably solve this registration issue, make sure it is set to "PC and Mac Standalone", not "Webplayer". After registration is succesful you can switch back to "Webplayer". Let me know if this works.

40. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

3 other things...

1. Side objects position only changes if I re-create this object. If I try to edit an existing side object under "Object Manager", remove my side objects under road tools and then rebuild (process tool) position is still the same as before... If I recreate this object under "Object Manager" and rebuild all is working fine.

2. If I delete my first side object I get an error ->

3. problem is a bit strange but sometimes there is some road tool buttons lag... It means if I go from "settings" to "process" it still shows me "settings" and two buttons are selected... Or I select settings and can't scroll to bottom...

41. devilkkw

devilkkw

No problem,for beta i think your works is fine,and i've created a new project and easyroads works.
    I think the problem was a old version of easyroads imported on my project.
    I've read now our signature for wip:"Lakes and River Systems for Unity",and my suggest are your wip.

42. Hans

Hans

i dont see a cost for ppl who have version 1 to upgrade to version 2 ?
    Has ver 2 price

thanks

Hans

43. raoul

raoul

@SirLancelot
    What do yo mean by "recreate the object"? You render the terrain, then click the "Build Side Object" button, then select a marker which makes it possible to change marker position of side objects. Is this what you mean?

Hang on... You created a side object, then you tested it, then you went back to the Object Manager and changed the position which did not work. Is this what you mean? If so, the reason is: default position values are send to each marker after creating a new side object. You can change these distances per marker. This is the reason why changing the default position value afterwards in the Object Manager didn't work. This would override all possibly amended individual marker settings for this side object which you probably do not want to happen. If this is important I can add an option in the Object Manager to reset all individual marker positions to position changes in the Object Manager. Is this what you mean?

I never did that and yes, that error makes sense. I will fix that. Thanks for letting me know!

When the "Settings" tab is active and you click the middle "Level Terrain" tab, yes, it seems like both are active, this is because the terrain is being leveled. Depending on your terrain heightmap resolution, size of the road, and other settings (update Vegetation, embedding the road shape in the terrain splatmap) this may take a couple of seconds. Is this what you mean?
    Then when all is done only the "Level Terrain" tab shows as active, right?

Do you mean you cannot scrolls downwards in the inspector? When does that happen? Or does this have to do with the process of rendering the terrain and road? In this case yes, wait until this has finished!

@devilkkw, glad to hear you got it working, yes it is in my signature as well. A dedicated rivers tool will actually be part of EasyRoads3D as mentioned in the manual.

44. raoul

raoul

45. devilkkw

devilkkw

I've make 10Km of road and no problem appears.
    Only problem i've found are because im noob on easyroads.
    I like your works.
    Same screen of my test.

Attached Files:

46. raoul

raoul

That is a good start, but you have to increase the indent values. This will stretch the area next to the road a bit which will make the terrain blend much better with the road. Right now you see holes below the road and at some places the terrain pops through the road. You can also see that you had to raise the road quite a lot above the terrain to deal with these issues. Play with the indent values (especially in hilly areas) and you will see that you will get much better results and becasue of that you can lower the road to just above the terrain.

Also, on the last image the grass pops through the road. Increase the values for updating vegetation in "Settings" a bit!

47. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi Raoul,

Downloaded v2 beta1.1 demo project and unitypackage, same problem with non-textured road?

48. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Ignore me, working now, just re-registered new install, and it works! :)

I had to use my USB dongle to connect to internet, as my company network uses a Proxy server, and this was not allowing the registration to work?

Gonna try and build a track now!

49. raoul

raoul

Hi Greg, do you mean the non-textured road in the image you attached? This is not the road, those are the road surfaces that will control the final shape of the terrain. Select a surface and play with the marker properties. Click the middle "Level Terrain" tab to actually level the terrain and create the road!

50. devilkkw

devilkkw

thank's raoul,
    i test your suggest,but i see no changes.I've readed the instruction,but grass always pass the roads,in some points.
    And if i change indent value(i've try from 0 to 10) thaths rotate my roads,perpendicular to terrain in same points.
    I've to try more for understanding all functions of your script.