Search Unity

[WIP]EasyQuest: A solution for any quest!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chrisall76, Jul 11, 2014.

1. chrisall76

chrisall76

Hello all,
    Today I'm posting about a solution I've been working on for a week, and plan to put on the asset store soon.

EasyQuest is a solution that will help you put quest in just about any game you have, and it will work with most GUI system. it features these and more:
    • Quest work inbetween scenes (needs use of a event)
    • Multiple objectives for one quest
    • Supports most GUI system (even your own)
    • 4 quest types (GoTo, Collect, Defeat, Move object to position)
    • Commented code for easy changing
    • Example scenes
    At the moment, it's not ready yet for the asset store. Still need to comment all the code and clean up some code, but the basic functionality is there. Note that this solution does need you to code, but it provides examples for you to easily edit to fit what you need.

Documentation (WIP): Documentation
    Video: Soon...
    WebPlayer: WebPlayer
    (Example scene is not final, and will keep changing)

Pictures:

What do you think? Anything you would like to see?
    This solution will also be able to work with my upcoming solution (you'll see once I post it).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. chrisall76

chrisall76

Hey all, update on progress.
    Been busy trying to finish up projects so I can get this in a working state, some progress has been made to make the tutorial levels seem more like examples of how you would use it in your game. The webplayer has been updated, and will keep updating. Also will be adding a few more example NPCs so players can easily figure out how to modify how they work. Then I'll be cleaning up code.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  3. Samuel411

Samuel411

I think you should add in saving. That's all I can think of, other than that it looks awesome!

4. chrisall76

chrisall76

That's the next thing I plan to do, thanks!
    The example has been updated with new gui to make it look better, and quest now have the option
    to have them happen in order. Next step is getting them to be able to save and load progress.

5. chrisall76

chrisall76

Update today. Quest will now save! Now that everything's done, I should be sending it to the Asset Store soon.
    Also, here's a look at the Quest inspector.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  6. chrisall76

chrisall76

About the system, I would like to say it's more code-oriented. So some coding knowledge will have to be known, but in exchange for that there are example scripts that with modifications could work in your project, or depending they could work just how they are. Also, example has been updated with saving and loading.

7. chrisall76

chrisall76