Search Unity

Easy Weapons - Most powerful weapon framework for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by randomperson42, Jul 1, 2014.

1. randomperson42

randomperson42

Easy Weapons is the most powerful weapon system for Unity. Quickly get your weapons shooting without any programming!

Now only $20.00.

Usage:
    Easy Weapons is designed to be easily customizable - allowing for use in a variety of game genres. It can be used for first or third person shooters and any kind of game that uses a weapon system.

Easy Weapons allows you to create 3 different basic categories of weapons:
    • Raycast (Automatic Rifles, Sidearms, Sniper Rifles)
    • Projectile (Rocket/Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Turret)
    • Beam (Laser Beam/Scifi Weapons)

NEW in Easy Weapons 3:
    • Reorganized, clean, new custom editor
    • Pooling system for bullet holes
    • More powerful bullet hole selection
    • Delay fire - fire or launch after specified time
    • Cook/timed support for grenades/bows that shoot farther when you hold down the fire button longer
    • Messages can now be sent on key events like Fire, Launch, Reload, etc. to trigger events in your other scripts
    • Public RemoteFire method added so firing can be triggered from other scripts istead of only input and AI
    • Option to reload weapons automatically when weapon runs out of ammo
    • Dry fire sounds - audio that plays when the user attempts to fire a weapon that's out of ammo
    • ... And more!
    Other Features:
    • Custom weapon control – ROF, variable accuracy, VFX, and more
    • Dynamic weapon accuracy synced with dynamic crosshairs
    • Smart bullet hole system – different bullet holes for different surfaces
    • Weapon models included
    • Laser beam reflection option
    • Easy-to-use recoil system that doesn’t require animation
    • Camera shake effects for impacts and explosions
    • Full-auto and semi-auto options
    • Plenty of sample weapon prefabs to get you started
    • Projectile system (rockets, homing missiles, cluster bombs, grenades)
    • Customizable dynamic crosshairs
    • No programming knowledge is required
    • All code is in C# and included

on-unity-as.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    RoyalAllen likes this.
  2. imtrobin

imtrobin

Sounds good! Include trajectory as well

3. randomperson42

randomperson42

Thanks. Version 1.0 has been submitted to the Asset Store, but I'm open to suggestions for future updates. Currently you can control a projectile's trajectory through its rigidbody settings and it's speed in the projectile script.

4. randomperson42

randomperson42

red2blue likes this.
  5. randomperson42

randomperson42

Don't forget to give a rating or review - I'd like to know what you think, and I'm open to suggestions.

6. randomperson42

randomperson42

7. randomperson42

randomperson42

Easy Weapons is now on sale!
    At 65% off the normal price, you can get Easy Weapons for $15.75 today only!

8. randomperson42

randomperson42

The sale is for 24 hours only, and there are less than 12 hours left.

9. randomperson42

randomperson42

The sale is now over. Thanks to all the people who downloaded and tried it out - and don't forget to leave a review!

10. randomperson42

randomperson42

Update 1.3 brings a new feature: burst fire. This allows you to make raycast and projectile weapons pause after a specified number of shots for a specified amount of time.

11. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

Hey mate, I bought your pack yesterday and left a review (J.Jansen)! Great pack!

Just a couple things I've noticed from using it and some feedback to make it even better, alright here goes;

Some more options for shell spitting, such as adding spin around local Y, slightly randomized spit direction slider, seeing as no cartridge will eject from a gun in the exact same way in real life. This could of course be added to the shell prefab though, which I've done.

I'd like to see native support for muzzle flashes (the way bullet holes work) that you can select a number of prefabs and it will randomly pick one, or a script to add to an empty (to instantiate in place of a muzzleflash) in which to referance all the different flashes and pick one at random.

Also, it seems that bullet holes are added to an object at the angle the ray hit it, not the Quaternion.normal of the face it hit. This looks weird for spheres and so on. NEVER MIND! My sphere had a box collider. WTF.

I may have overlooked these, but if it's not there, it would greatly improve the use of those two features!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  12. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hey thanks, these are great points.

Easy Weapons does allow for random variation of muzzle flash prefabs. There is an "Add" button in the inspector above the prefab slot. You can add or remove as many muzzle flash prefabs as you like. One of them will be chosen at random to instantiate.

As for the shell ejection, that's an excellent point and I'll absolutely look into that for the next update.

13. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

Oh? Because if I add more than one prefab, all it does is instantiate all of them at the same time, every time...

14. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hmm that's weird I'll look at the code right away.

Edit: You're right! Sorry, I'll fix that right now.

15. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

No problemo. Thanks for the great service though. You're a saint.

EDIT: BTW, would it be possible to make hit effects dependant on materials and so on, the way bullet holes work? Like instantiate blood spatter effects if something with a player skin is hit?
    Preferably with an additional raycast at the original hit.point that can be varied in length, to check if the bullet penetrates and then places a blood effect on the other side of the mesh where the exit wound would be.

The package is already excellent, but the more I mess with it, the more potential I see.

16. randomperson42

randomperson42

Alright, the muzzle flash issue is fixed - now one prefab is selected at random.
    And the shell random force/torque feature has been added as well.

Hopefully it will be updated sometime next week or even this week, but in the mean time I can email you with the edited scripts - you could PM me your email address.

17. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

Great! Thanks, I'll PM you. Did you read my edit?

18. randomperson42

randomperson42

You're welcome, and I just read the edit. Have you tried instantiating the hit effect prefabs as bullet holes? In other words you put your hit effect prefab in a bullet hole slot? It seems like that would achieve the same result, but correct me if I'm wrong.

19. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

I'll check it out. Didn't really occur to me to use that. Might work. BRB.

EDIT: Yeah, it does work, however, as it thinks the blood effect is a bullet hole, it plays the dustcloudthingy on flesh. And the bullet penetration would still be a neat feature, if it is possible to make raycasts "look backwards" after exiting on the other side of the mesh/collider.

20. randomperson42

randomperson42

You might need to explain a bit... So it is working?

21. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

It works, but since it is instantiated as a "bullet hole" the "hit effect" (which is set to Hit_Smoke_Effect) still plays no matter what the material hit is.

That's why it needs to be a hit effect dependant on material and so on, and not a bullet hole.

22. randomperson42

randomperson42

Show me a screenshot of your inspector. The point of doing it as a bullet hole is so that you can have different hit effects corresponding to different surfaces, just like the bullet holes. That's what you wanted right?

23. Cloudhex

Cloudhex

Problem solved. Thanks!

24. randomperson42

randomperson42

Version 1.4.2 is now live!

Updates:
    - Added randomization control for shell ejection
    - Fixed muzzle flash randomization bug
    - Updated package images and information
    - Added bonus M4 model
    - Fixed error handling

25. randomperson42

randomperson42

26. randomperson42

randomperson42

The update for Easy Weapons 2 has just gone live on the asset store. See the original post for update details.

27. donov

donov

So much this is better than Weapon System, the only thing missing is the tracking lock ui elements and better looking and sounding weapon prefabs, Weapon System for ex.

randomperson42 likes this.
  28. randomperson42

randomperson42

Thanks.
    Do you have the most recent update for Easy Weapons? All weapon models and sounds have been replaced in the most recent update, along with some other big changes. If you've downloaded it within the last few days you're fine.

Easy Weapons doesn't have a tracking/locking system for crosshairs because I haven't received any requests for it yet. Do you think this is an important feature that you could use? If so, I'll definitely consider it for the next update.

29. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

wassup man newest update is looking good had trouble converting to multiplayer use so i kinda abandoned the use of it but looking forward to using in a single player project!

30. randomperson42

randomperson42

Thanks, let me know how it turns out.

31. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

I have recently purchased this system and it is working really well, great work on this! If I may request a feature, I would really love if you could add a bow and grenade to your system. I have tried to use the system to add these weapons but since the bow and grenades both require at least 2 keys to use (wind back arrow/pull pin, and release arrow/throw grenade) I have had trouble implementing this. Could this be added by any chance? Pretty please :)

32. randomperson42

randomperson42

Great suggestions, thanks.

So you're looking for something where the first key sets the weapon, and the second key releases the projectile? Or are you looking for something that affects launch force based on how long the player waits to release?

Just want to make sure I understand your suggestion, which I'll definitely consider in the next update.

33. randomperson42

randomperson42

A minor update to Easy Weapons has recently gone live. It was a bug fix for the beam system, which doesn't affect raycast or projectile weapons. In that update there is another small issue with compatibility for versions of Unity older than 4.6. If you try to use the beam system with the most recent update, you may run into that issue. The fix has been submitted to the asset store team and is pending review.

The latest update used the SetParent() method, which is new to Unity 4.6. However the update to Easy Weapons was submitted with a Unity 4.5.x version. This caused errors when using the beam system. You can resolve this by updating Unity to the latest version. If you don't want to update Unity or wait for the update to Easy Weapons, here is how you can fix the bug:

Go into Weapon.cs and find line #538. Change line 538 to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. beamGO.transform.parent = transform;
    This should resolve the issue. As mentioned, this fix has been submitted as an update and is pending review by the asset store team. Remember that if you have Unity 4.6 or newer, you have nothing to worry about.

34. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Thanks for your reply.

For the grenade, I would imagine 1 key would work fine. When a key is pressed the grenade pin would be pulled starting the countdown, and when the same key is released the grenade would be thrown. This would allow the grenades to be cooked by holding the key down for longer before releasing.

For the bow it could probably work similarly but with a 2 key system. When key 1 is pressed the arrow is pulled back gradually, gaining more momentum the longer it is being held; and only when the (same) key is released will the arrow be released. During the arrow pull back, a second key would be in place in order to cancel an arrow from being released if need be. Key 1 could then be pressed to begin the arrow pull back again.

Please let me know what you think :)

spectra likes this.
  35. randomperson42

randomperson42

Okay, thanks - that sounds good.
    I can't make any promises regarding when I'll get to it but I'll definitely consider that for the next update.

Hamesh81 likes this.
  36. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Great, I look forward to it. The only other addition that I would recommend is to include decals for the explosion based weapons based on the surface where the explosion has hit. At the moment the decals are only present for the raycast based weapons, and I think that adding this would improve the realism (see the picture below).

37. randomperson42

randomperson42

The only reason I haven't implemented that is because Easy Weapons doesn't include a full-on decal system. For small decals like bullet holes it's not really an issue but for big decals like that I recommend one of the decal systems available on the asset store.

38. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Sure that makes sense. I have noticed that some explosion particles available on the asset store feature a sort of decal that is left behind after the explosion. I'll see how this is done because I have a feeling that it may be only a particle effect and therefore not require complex calculations for the positioning of an actual decal.

39. Licarell

Licarell

Have you thought about a paintball weapon... where no one is really killed only stunned or knocked out for a user determined time...

40. hopeful

hopeful

I suppose other non-lethal options could include bean bag gun, rubber bullets, tear gas grenade, TASER, smoke grenade, flash bang grenade, and tranquilizer dart. The grenades could be either thrown or launched with a gun.

EDIT: Maybe pepper spray ...?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  41. randomperson42

randomperson42

That kind of thing would really be an adjustment to the health script. Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully I'll be able to add that in the update I'm currently working on.

42. Licarell

Licarell

Yeah too much death...

43. randomperson42

randomperson42

So I'm working on the update, but I've decided not to include the stun/freeze feature because this is really not within the scope of a weapon system. The way in which characters would be stunned would be totally game-dependent. However, you could easily add a stunning/freezing mechanic to your game that is triggered by the easy weapon system - you would add a Health component like usual, but instead of destroying the character when it runs out of health you could just deactivate it or disable movement controls etc.

44. spectra

spectra

+100 for Archery weapon. It would be awesome.

45. randomperson42

randomperson42

@Hamesh81 and @spectra,
    You might be interested in version 3, which hopefully will be complete relatively soon. Version 3 brings a ton of great new features, one of which is a "warmup" option that allows you to make weapons like bows that you can fire with variable power based on how long the player holds down the fire button. If warmup is enabled, the player can hold down the fire button up to a max amount of time to warm up the weapon. You can use this to determine the amount of damage applied as well as the amount of force applied to projectiles. You can also optionally allow a "Cancel" input button to cancel the warmup shot without firing.

There will be a number of great features introduced in version 3, here are just a few of the others:
    • Support for Shooter AI (There will probably be a big announcement about this later.)
    • Totally reorganized, clean, custom editor
    • Pooling system for bullet holes
    • Much more...

Hamesh81 likes this.
  46. spectra

spectra

WoW... That version 3 looks blazing better. "Warmup" system looks very good. Aaand Pooling System embedded? Seriously awesome. I think I'm gonna review it on assetstore when it reach version 3. You did a great Job MutantGopher team. (y)

47. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

version 3 sounds good man keep up the great work definitely one of the preferred assets regarding weapons!

48. MIK3K

MIK3K

I would definitely buy this just for the bow (warmup system) you describe. Maybe tie it into your accuracy system so the longer you hold it after fully drawn the less accurate it becomes.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  49. randomperson42

randomperson42

A sample bow weapon isn't included, but an example of the warmup system will be used with the grenade launcher. The longer you hold down the button, the farther it launches.
    That's an interesting suggestion. The only problem is I can see it going both ways, in other words sometimes people might want it to increase accuracy while others might want it to decrease accuracy. It would be ideal if I could give people that option, but I'll see what I can do. No promises yet. :)

50. MIK3K

MIK3K

Sorry, I meant that it would charge up and increase accuracy until you reached 100% power and maybe another second, but held too long it starts to lose at least the accuracy - like becoming fatigued. I think the charge would keep the same charged state/power. The whole package looks really good though and must be if the Shooter AI guys are recommending it. Rare to see one dev recommend another asset in their own forum thread (or I just haven't noticed it enough).