Search Unity

Easy Weapons

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by randomperson42, Jun 20, 2014.

1. randomperson42

randomperson42

Special thanks to @The Spaniard for the excellent suggestion regarding the bullet hole system. I've made the suggested changes and am very happy with the result. This will allow for much more customizability.

The new system allows you to choose whether you want bullet holes to be determined by Tag, Material, or Physic Material for each weapon. I've also added a "Default" list of bullet holes which comes in really handy. It allows you to assign a list of bullet holes that will be used when you shoot a GameObject that doesn't match any of the other specified tags, materials, or physic materials.

Here is a screenshot:
    bullet_hole_system_A.PNG

Also note in the image that there are two bullet hole prefabs assigned to the concrete material. This means that one of the two bullet holes (Bullet Hole 5 and Bullet Hole 6) will be chosen at random for each shot. This way you don't see the exact same bullet hole showing up for every single shot - which adds to the realism.

2. randomperson42

randomperson42

There has been a bit of a change of plans. Everything, including the updated bullet hole system will be included in the pack from the start - for free. I've submitted it to the Asset Store along with some bug fixes.

3. randomperson42

randomperson42

Extra Note:
    While there are several bullet holes included in this pack, you can find extra bullet hole decals here.

4. randomperson42

randomperson42

Update:
    There's been an error with a few of the scripts in the upload process. The Asset Store team is getting an error on their side that I can't reproduce on my side. I'm working to fix this issue, but I'll have to resubmit and wait for the review process again.

5. randomperson42

randomperson42

Easy Weapons has just been released!
    It's now live on the Asset Store, don't forget to rate and review, let me know what you think!

6. randomperson42

randomperson42

Check out the new video:

And as always, let me know if you have suggestions for this pack - I'm always open to improvements.

7. randomperson42

randomperson42

Easy Weapons is now on sale!
    At 65% off the normal price, you can get Easy Weapons for $15.75 today only!

8. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

Got the pack on sale to help speed up process for my multiplayer game and you have done a great job man thanks alot no complaints as of yet im still playing with it , i would mind having zoom in maybe sniper example but those are things i can easy add myself;) Thanks again!

9. randomperson42

randomperson42

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Don't forget to rate/review!

10. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

Review submitted:)

i didnt see it listed but does it handle weapon attachments? i think it would be a good idea to add since its inline with being part of weapon system...maybe even starting it a a base level with just scopes etc..just a suggestion thanks again!

11. randomperson42

randomperson42

Thanks for the suggestion and the review!
    Easy Weapons is intended to be a very customizable and versatile framework. Even though the demos are FPS style, this weapon system can be used for all kinds of different games. In other words it's intended to be something you can also use for things like tanks or aircraft, and not just hand-held weapons.

Interesting suggestion though, as always I'll consider it when updating. (No promises.) :)

12. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

as long as its considered! and i understand that its for multiple situations so if you do add it :)D) maybe making it a feature that can be disabled/enabled to keep customization mindset? anyway thanks again you may have shaved a few weeks off my development since i have a grip of weapons lol

13. randomperson42

randomperson42

Sure. Glad it was of use to you.
    If anyone is looking for some nice weapon models, I can definitely recommend this free pack.

hopeful likes this.
  14. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Hi. I'm just integrating Eassy Weapons into y project and am running into a couple of problems.

1. I tried creating public Animator animator; in the Weapon.cs class so I can get a reference to the player's animator so I can play the animations but it's not showing up in the inspector.

2. When I check recoil the gun actually moves backwards, and keeps moving backwards with every shot. The gun is parented to a hand.

Can you please help me resolve these issues? Other than these problems It's working great.

15. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hi,
    1. The animator isn't showing up in the inspector because the Weapon.cs script uses a custom editor script. So you'll need to go into the Editor folder and open the WeaponEditor script. You'll have to add the reference to the animator there.

2. You'll have to explain the problem in a bit more detail. The recoil is supposed to move the weapon model back on every shot, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is it that it's not moving back to it's original position after recoil movement? You may want to disable recoil. What is your setup? Is the weapon model a child of the weapon GameObject (with the Weapon script)? Did you set the weapon model variable for recoil in the inspector?

Hope I can help.

16. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Thanks for the speedy reply! First problem solved Thanks! As for the second yes the problem is that it doesn't move back to its original position.

The gun GameObject is an empty GameObject that has the weapon.cs and all the gun parts (trigger,barrel,clip etc.) as children. I set the weapon model variable as the gun

17. randomperson42

randomperson42

Try the weapon setup in the demo scene. That means all your smaller weapon parts should be a child of another empty GameObject (I'll say GameObject X) which should be a child of your main weapon GameObject. That way you can set the weapon model as "GameObject X" in the inspector, which is what is going to move when the gun recoils.

I hope this makes sense. If not, you can try looking at the setup in the demo scene, that might help.

18. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Ah yes that makes sense :) Will give it a try. Thanks

19. unicat

unicat

Asset Store doesn`t proper update this pack. Everytime i start Unity it goes back to Version 3.0 .

20. randomperson42

randomperson42

Can you explain a bit more?
    I believe 3.1 was just a metadata/media update so there shouldn't be any changes in the package itself.

21. hopeful

hopeful

22. FraneKingzy

FraneKingzy

Nice but kind of .... system of weapons is really good but the object isn't so beautifule...
    Keep going they are still nice..

23. randomperson42

randomperson42

24. Earthsnake

Earthsnake

Hi, this easy weapon asset is very cool, can you integrate it with UFPS asset? thank you

25. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

Is this compatible with silver ai?

26. randomperson42

randomperson42