Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Easily submit Unity Bugs

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Nihil688, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Nihil688

Nihil688

Hello, is there any easier way to submit bugs than uploading whole projects to the servers? I mean I always have to make a second project use different models and setup and then upload. I really want to help and point out to Unity a few bugs that we have found with Unity5 but I can't spend so much time in order to explain something very simple or 3-4 different things at once. Any ideas?

psyydack likes this.
  2. psyydack

psyydack

I want to know too!

3. Nihil688

Nihil688

I'll post the problems here as well, maybe someone will notice:
    - Standard shader bug with transparency setting is clipping the mesh depending on angles as if culling
    - Time.timeScale when set from 0 to 1.0f humanoid mecanim animations reset to T-pose for 1 frame ( along with physics & cloth problems )
    - Humanoid animations try to fix the bone lengths of models which sometimes messes cat animations' leg/knee parts
    - When changing animation settings whilst Unity is running causes the Editor to crash.
    - StateMachineBehaviour needs more work as the information one can use is limited it should really be able to be attached to the controller instead of each animation, it's still very static

4. Nihil688

Nihil688

Also:
    - when loading scenes with lightmaps, those lightmaps are not loaded in the editor
    - Vertex attribute at index 0 references a buffer at index 1 that has no stride bug on 5.0.1

5. Baste

Baste

If you really want to send a good report, create a test project with the bare minimum required things that will demonstrate the bug, and use that for the report. That'll make it upload faster, and make the bug easier to find.

6. Nihil688

Nihil688

I definitely did not mean that my approach is better to pinpoint bugs but these bugs are not something where I can give the absolute minimum, I'll have to create assets that produce the same bug and setup scenes in a similar manner. There should be a way to just submit some explanation of the bug without a whole project submission. The reason is solely to help Unity but everyone has a set amount of time to do things during the day.