Search Unity

Dynamically Added UI Doesn't Get Affected by Layout Groups and Content Size Fitters

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by IcyRagemora, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IcyRagemora

IcyRagemora

I'm trying to add a panel prefab to a content panel during runtime, but it doesn't seem to get affected by the layout groups and content size fitters. If I place some panel prefabs in the content panel and then run the app, the panel prefabs are layout properly.

The screenshots show the setup I have for the layout.

Here is my code:
    GameObjectchatMessagePanelClone = Instantiate(chatMessagePanel) asGameObject;
    chatMessagePanelClone.transform.SetParent(this.gameObject.transform, false);
    Image[] images = chatMessagePanelClone.transform.GetComponentsInChildren<Image>();
    ImagebadgeIconImage = images[0];
    foreach(Imageimageinimages)
    {
    if(image.transform.parent == chatMessagePanelClone.transform)
    {
    badgeIconImage = image;
    }
    }
    SpritebadgeIconSprite;
    AccountDatabase.GetAccountImageBasedOnUserName(refsender, outbadgeIconSprite);
    badgeIconImage.sprite = badgeIconSprite;
    TextuserName = chatMessagePanelClone.GetComponentInChildren<Text>();
    userName.text = message;
    //Settheparentofthemessagepaneltothechatpanelthatactsasthecontentpanel
    //forchat
    LayoutRebuilder.MarkLayoutForRebuild(chatMessagePanel.GetComponent<RectTransform>());

Am I missing something? My layout for dynamically added UI seems to be messed up for iOS platform.

Attached Files:

2. IcyRagemora

IcyRagemora

I figured it out! You need to use this: LayoutRebuilder.ForceRebuildLayoutImmediate(this.transformasRectTransform);
    That way the layout will be applied immediately to the dynamically add UI before becoming visible to the user.

BAIZOR and greengremline like this.
  3. greengremline

greengremline

Oh man thank you so much! You have no idea how long I've spent trying to get a similar issue in my project to work, searching Layout information on the net did not bring up LayoutRebuilder at all (or at least the way I was searching). Much appreciated!