Search Unity

[Dungeon Crawler / PC] The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by manutoo, Sep 2, 2015.

?

How does the Main Menu on the screenshot below look like ?

1. Great !

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Good

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bad

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. manutoo

manutoo

2015-09 - New Menu.jpg
    Hello,

I'd like some feedback on my game visuals.

Let's start with the main menu !

Thanks in advance to anyone answering the poll. :)

And here more information about this game I started to work on almost 4 years ago !
    =======================

About

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians is a RPG Dungeon Crawler game, in First Person View, inspired by classics like Dungeon Master and Might & Magic, but featuring a modern combat system based on the triptych “tank/damage dealer/healer” mechanisms.

Story :
    You’re a newly employed personal of a prison deep into a dungeon. The night of your arrival, strange things happen and when you wake up in the morning, all prisoners have escaped in midst of chaos. The warden then decides to wisely leave the dungeon as fast as possible, while tasking you to run after the escaping prisoners. You then assemble your team and adventure into the mysterious dungeon.

Features :
    • 4-character party
    • Grid-based movement
    • First person view
    • 4 classes, 12 specializations
    • Active pause (ie: you can pause the game and still queue commands for your party members)
    • 25-50 hours of gameplay, depending of your own skills and the difficulty settings
    • 4 environments
    • 20 bosses
    • 100 kind of creatures (including variations)
    • Puzzles (the few ones required to finish the game are easy to solve)
    • Lot of tactical combat
    Release Date:
    October 2015.

=============================

Blog : http://www.managames.com/DungeonGuardians
    IndieDB : http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-fall-of-the-dungeon-guardians

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I think the menu looks good. The only part that stands out to me as looking a little off is the head of the helmet of the evil one holding the title board. It looks polygonal-ized to me and I think it would look better if it was the same surface detail as his fingers are.
    Other than that the menu looks good.

One note on the background image - are the torches in the background going to be animated while the menu is being interacted with by the player?
    I ask because if the BG image is not going to be animated, I'd suggest to make the round shadows cast onto the floors by both torches - look more shaped like the scones the torches are sitting in. That would look pretty cool to make the circle shadows look more cage like.

Nice work.

manutoo likes this.
  3. manutoo

manutoo

@theANMATOR2b,
    thanks for the feedback !
    For the head, I agree, I asked my artist to give more relief to it to match the hands, but he managed to do only that... In some way, I got used to it, coz like that it doesn't catch too much attention from the text itself.

The torches are moving. Having the game rendering in background allows to set the video options and see right away what they're doing.