Search Unity

Duck Flight - Not just another Flappy bird clone

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Piira, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piira

Piira

Duck Flight

Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows phone
    Release: This year

*Simple, but hard
    *Addicting gameplay
    *Half modern, half pixelated graphics
    *Facebook integration
    *Leaderboards
    *Paid version with additional characters, level backgrounds and music

I'm making this new "Flappy bird"-inspired game called Duck flight. But don't get it confused - it's not just another clone.

More info coming soon.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  2. Piira

Piira

Here's my homestudio where I make music/soundeffects for my games. It's not perfect though, I'm still working on it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Cool studio. Where's the game?

4. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Its in the cloning machine.

5. Piira

Piira

I just started working on it about 2 weeks ago. I was making my other game and thought that it would be good to release some smaller game first (for experience etc.). Then I got this idea and thought that I should make it.

But it's pretty easy to make so it will come out in 2-3 months if everything goes as planned. I don't want to reveal too much yet, but I'll update this thread in the near future.

Nope.

6. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

Where is this machine located? I know some people in the military who haven't blown anything up in years.

Seventh Stealth likes this.
  7. smitchell

smitchell

8. Piira

Piira

Oh... I didn't know that... But I hope this thread can still stay unclosed. I will post the screenshots and more info later.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. Piira

Piira

Got a new subwoofer.

Now I'm trying to learn some mixing/mastering.

-----

As you see, I'm focusing on the audio ATM. I'll continue with coding etc. later. This will be my first game so it takes pretty long to make cause I have to learn all this stuff from the beginning.

Stay tuned!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  10. iKonrad

iKonrad

You haven't said anything about your game except that it's not a Flappy Bird clone. Furthermore, instead of posting your game concept, all we can see is your new subwoofer.
    Are you sure you're on a right forum?

11. goat

goat

I for one, like the duck. Modern keyboards of course can let you sound amazing if you can read and write music with even a little bit of original input. Good luck.

Oh, don't use the word addicting - it makes you sound clueless. Addiction is only desirable to the companies selling the addicting product, not the addicted.

12. Piira

Piira

I was expecting a comment like that. There are three reasons why I'm posting just the audio stuff: 1. I don't want to reveal anything else yet cause it's too early. 2. As I told, I'm focusing on the audio side at the moment. 3. This is my first game project and I'm actually just learning the music production.

13. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

If it's too early to release what the game is even about, then maybe it's too early to start a thread. If you're focusing on the audio, then let us listen to something. A programmer doesn't show pictures of his keyboard. An artist doesn't show us pictures of his pencils.
    Gear does not equal progress.
    You're learning mixing and mastering? Good for you. But that is a progression of skills, not the progression of a game.

laurelhach and iKonrad like this.
  14. Piira

Piira

Well, there are different policies on each forum so it gets pretty confusing. This topic was supposed to be like a blog about my game making. And this is also a learning experience for me so that's why I thought I should write about those things too.

But enough of that. Next time I'll show something more concrete (like I already thought I would).

15. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.