Search Unity

Driving Simulator

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by fred_gds, Jan 10, 2014.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. MrDonkey

MrDonkey

Graphics look pretty pleasing in the screenshot for IoS devices. Good work.

3. fred_gds

fred_gds

Thank you!

4. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Looks good! How did you get those nice realtime shadows? I'm developing an iOs Driving game as well and as soon as I use realtime shadows, the framerate drops a lot (from 60fps to around 30 fps), and this in an empty scene with just the ground and one car. Did you do anything particular to achieve this?

5. dualcarbon

dualcarbon

Nice looking game :) I see a lot of trees casting shadows and I'm curious to know are those real time or baked shadows?

and also, will it available for Android?

6. fred_gds

fred_gds

Thanks;)

Well I have the framerate locked at 30 fps and this is only the result on iPhone 5S, iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina. For older devices the shadows will be less ;)

So how did I do it? I'm not quite sure myself :D I really tried to keep the triangle count down but with a total of 4 million in the scene it doesn't quiet seem low. But I really tried to save as much as possible since I started to build the application. Well then I also use those quiet nice shaders on the car which actually are also very low on performance. I have all shadows calculated at real time as I kind of have some Ram problems so loading additional light maps would kind of kill performance. So well on almost all devices I kind of use the maximum performance the device allows, but I had more problems with the physics taking too much time then with the graphics. So overall nothing I would consider particular.

7. fred_gds

fred_gds

Yes there will be an Android version, as Sony and LG are supporting me for this development. But I can't tell you yet when it will be available. I first want to get an english version out for iPhone and iPad :)

8. fred_gds

fred_gds