Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. AlexMares

AlexMares

Asset Store: http://u3d.as/k82

DoozyUI is a complete UI management system that gives you incredible ease of use, speed, power and flexibility exceeding any contender. Why use another lesser solution and waste your time writing code? We've coded every scenario from easy to complex so you don't have to! We even have our own flexible "no coding" event-based triggers to hook any script up if you don't have Playmaker.

Artists and Designers: Realize your creative vision without coding! Unlock the power of Unity and create blazing fast user interfaces with any animations you can imagine.

Programmers: Add a powerful UI management system to your toolbox. Interface with scripts or use along side Playmaker for a code-free UI system.

Features
    · Use native uGUI
    · Editor integration, WYSIWYG
    · Easy to learn. Intuitive design
    · UI Animator System
    · UI Navigation System
    · UI Effects. ParticleSystems inside the UI.
    · UI Notification System
    · UI Triggers. For zero code!
    · Scene Loader
    · Supports all platforms
    · Extensively optimized
    · Resolution Independent
    · Mobile friendly
    · Comes with full C# source code
    · Dedicated support
    · Tutorials on our YouTube Channel

We have been working on this asset for over a year now, as we wanted it to work flawlessly and we aimed to use only native Unity components. DoozyUI 2.0 is a huge improvement from DoozyUI 1.2d (already live).

Right now we finished all the stress tests, ironed out any kinks and we are ready to go live. All we are waiting for now are just a few more tutorials to get uploaded to our YouTube channel so that you will have a better understanding of how this UI management system works.

Our other assets:
    Playmaker Actions for DOTween by Doozy
    Game Icons Pack - Basic Design
    UI Kit - Basic Design
    and more...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. AlexMares

AlexMares

3. AlexMares

AlexMares

4. AlexMares

AlexMares

5. AlexMares

AlexMares

6. AlexMares

AlexMares

7. AlexMares

AlexMares

8. AlexMares

AlexMares

9. AlexMares

AlexMares

10. AlexMares

AlexMares

11. AlexMares

AlexMares

12. AlexMares

AlexMares

13. AlexMares

AlexMares

14. AlexMares

AlexMares

15. AlexMares

AlexMares

16. AlexMares

AlexMares

17. AlexMares

AlexMares

18. AlexMares

AlexMares

19. AlexMares

AlexMares

20. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

We are glad to announce that the latest version for DoozyUI has been submitted for review. It will come with a small price bump, but all of you that bought it already will get the upgrade for free.

Right now we are working hard to create advanced tutorials and we hope that you'll enjoy using DoozyUI 2.0 as your UI management system of choice.

Cheers,
    Alex

pixelsteam and Bhanshee00 like this.
  21. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

DoozyUI 2.0 is now available for grabs on the Asset Store: http://u3d.as/k82
    Should need any help or have any suggestions send us a message.:)

New tutorials coming very soon!

Cheers,
    Alex

22. tongchimlang

tongchimlang

How to fix?
    Invalid layer id. Please use the unique id of the layer (which is not the same as its index in the list).
    UnityEngine.Renderer:set_sortingLayerID(Int32)

23. AlexMares

AlexMares

This issue was solved by email, but we'll post the solution here as well. :)

DoozyUI is configured out of the box to work with a sorting layer named "UI" so that it is rendered above the "Default" layer and any other layers that are related to your game/app. For this purpose, we included a tool to quickly change sorting layers of all UI elements in the active scene.

To set up a new sorting layer it is very easy and it takes only 3 easy steps:
    1. Under the Tags & Layers, create a sorting layer named "UI" (or whatever name you want) and set it to be above the "Default" layer.

2. Add DoozyUI to the current scene (if it's not already there) and select the UI Container gameObject that is under the DoozyUI gameObject.

3. Update all the sorting layers names of all the canvases and renderers in the scene by setting the "New Layer Name" variable (default: UI) and pressing the 2 buttons.

24. AlexMares

AlexMares

Good news! DoozyUI 2.1 is ready to be submitted. Here is the release log to see what to expect from it.

------
    Version 2.1

IMPROVEMENTS
    Added new generic button names as default: Button_1, Button_2, Button_3, Button_4
    Added new generic element names as default: LevelCompletedMenu, LevelFailedMenu
    Added new public methods to SceneLoader to facilitate the loading of scenes from code and through the use of UITriggers.
    UITrigger can now send game events.
    UIButton can now be disabled for a custom interval, after each click, to prevent double or multiple clicks.

FIXES
    Updated the DoozyUI prefab to work even if the examples folder was not imported.
    Now the UINotification canvases and renderers will be set to the same sorting layer as the UIContainer, in order to avoid any unknown layer issues.
    Fixed warning about an unused varabile in the ControlPanel.

------
    PLEASE BACKUP PROJECTS BEFORE UPDATING!!!
    UPDATE NOTES
    Update from DoozyUI 1.2d - delete the previous "_DoozyUI" folder, as DoozyUI 2.0 is a huge upgrade that changes all the scripts and adds a lot if new features.
    Update from DoozyUI 2.0 - keep in mind that all your databases (ElementNames, ElementSounds, ButtonNames and ButtonSounds) are saved in Assets/DoozyUI/Data/DoozyUI_Data.asset. Do not overrwite this file because all databases will be reset to their default values.

25. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

We are glad to announce that DoozyUI 2.1 has been submitted for review. The price is the same and the upgrade is free.

More tutorials are in development right now and we hope that you'll enjoy using DoozyUI 2.1 as your UI management system of choice.

Should you have a question, an issue, a suggestion or a feature request, we are a message away! :)

Cheers,
    Alex

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  26. AlexMares

AlexMares

TUTORIAL
    How to create a parchment styled UI with DoozyUI

27. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

DoozyUI 2.1 is now Live @AssetStore: http://u3d.as/k82
    Should need any help or have any suggestions send us a message.:)

Cheers,
    Alex

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  28. DeepShader

DeepShader

Is it possible to add a slider to DoozyUI? The user should take 'screenshots' at runtime of the game and should be able to scroll through them in the menu. Is something like this possible in combination of DoozyUI and PlayMaker?

29. AlexMares

AlexMares

Are you talking about a gallery (carousel) styled menu that should get created at runtime with user supplied images?

30. AlexMares

AlexMares

31. DeepShader

DeepShader

Yes, I mean something like that. The user should see taken pictures in a left/right-slider and can select one by pressing/touching on it.

32. AlexMares

AlexMares

DoozyUI and Playmaker can help you create something like this by linking the app/game's event system to the Unity's native UI system, but you need to write your own 'ListView' adapter to handle the pictures.The adapter also needs to update itself whenever a new picture has been added.

Because you want to use screenshots taken at runtime you should use the RawImage component, that takes a Texture (the Image component takes only Sprites), in order to show the picture inside your app/game.

As functionality goes, each picture can be set to be an UIButton that sends a game event, managed by the 'ListView' adapter (eg. 'SelectPicture_1', 'SelectPicture_2', ... , 'SelectPicure_n').

I am suggesting this type of approach because you do not want (and should not want) to load all the pictures at once, only 3 at a time (in your particular case).

Here are a few links to get you in the right direction:
    What is a ListView --- http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/layout/listview.html
    How to create and implement a horizontal ListView --- https://guides.codepath.com/android/implementing-a-horizontal-listview-guide

33. AlexMares

AlexMares

Good news! DoozyUI 2.2 is ready to be submitted. Here is the release log to see what to expect from it.

------
    Version 2.2

CHANGES
    Control Panel updates:
    -- Basic videos links moved from Video Tutorials to Quick Help.
    -- Added new video links to Video Tutorials.

IMPROVEMENTS
    --Because the UIManager gets the screen size (needed for the animation calculations) on the second frame, a black screen has been added at runtime to hide all the UIElements that have not been hidden yet. This fixes the issue when the app/game starts and the user sees yet unhidden UIElements.
    --The back button Enable/Disable functionality is now handled as an additive bool. This allows for multiple notifications to disable the back button.
    --New Playmaker Actions - Enable Back Button, Disable Back Button, Toggle Sound, Toggle Music, Toggle Pause, Application Quit or Close

FIXES
    --Fixed an issue with UINotification's closeOnClick option, not working as expected when using the Playmaker action 'Show UI Notification'

------
    PLEASE BACKUP PROJECTS BEFORE UPDATING!!!
    UPDATE NOTES
    Update from DoozyUI 1.2d - delete the previous "_DoozyUI" folder, as DoozyUI 2.0 is a huge upgrade that changes all the scripts and adds a lot if new features.
    Update from DoozyUI 2.0 and up - keep in mind that all your databases (ElementNames, ElementSounds, ButtonNames and ButtonSounds) are saved in Assets/DoozyUI/Data/DoozyUI_Data.asset. Do not overrwite this file because all databases will be reset to their default values.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  34. AlexMares

AlexMares

35. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

We are glad to announce that DoozyUI 2.2 has been submitted for review. The price is the same and the upgrade is free.

We are working on a daily basis on improving this asset and with your help we will make it even better.
    If you already use it, send us a message and tell us what you think of it or better yet leave us a review on the asset store.

We hope that you'll enjoy using DoozyUI as your UI management system of choice and that you will be able to create wonderful apps and games with it.

Should you have a question, an issue, a suggestion or a feature request, we are a message away! :)

Cheers,
    Alex

36. kernelkode

kernelkode

Hi, just started using Doozy. Having an issue getting the animations on UIElement working. I have done the setup and reimported a few times. UIButton seems to work (sounds play, and using the ApplicationQuit name makes the game exit).

I have created some UI Text and Panels. Adding the UIElement to them seems to have no effect on scene startup. The Element Names are set. Should the "In" animations work on scene startup?

Also, can UIElement be added to an empty game object and will it effect all child objects?

Thanks

37. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi kernelkode,

In order for an UIElement to animate, you need to set an IN and an OUT animation. If you want that element to be hidden when the application starts, you need to check the 'start hidden' option (this will trigger the OUT animation instantly).

Yes, an UIElement added to an empty game object will effect all child objects. Think of them as containers that move (animate) everything they have under them.

To get a better understanding of how the UIElement works I recommend looking at the basic video about it:

Also look at the example scenes and most of the videos about each component so that you have a good idea on how they work and interact with each other. The system allows you to do a lot of things, having a lot of flexibility, you just need to see it in action a little bit to get you going.

Should you need any help, do not hesitate to send us a message. :)

Cheers,
    Alex

38. kernelkode

kernelkode

Hi allemaar, I do have in animations set on the UI components. When I start the scene in editor, they do not have any effect. What could be the issue?

39. Freddy888

Freddy888

Can I create tables with this ? I need to populate the table with text and sprites from script. The Sprites need to be clicked and trigger other script.

Thank you.

40. kernelkode

kernelkode

Hi allemarr, seems like my scene is corrupted some how. I try the same things on a new scene and it works.I moved my gui object to the root and deleted the DoozyUI object, then added it again through the panel but that didn't fix it. What could be the issue?

41. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi kernelkode,
    Can you please explain step by step what you are doing because the workflow is quite straightforward.
    1. Add DoozyUI to the scene from the Control Panel
    2. Add at least 1 UIElement (with IN and OUT animations) that is not set to 'start hidden'
    3. Show/Hide UIElements (that have IN and OUT animations) using UIButtons or Playmaker
    You can see in the examples the same exact workflow.

Cheers!

42. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi Freddy888,

This system does not create the UI for you, but gives you the tools to manage, animate and interact with it. You can create the table and populate it with texts and sprites and then add an UIButton component to the sprites. The UIButton can be set up to send custom game events from code, thus interacting with the UI.

Cheers,
    Alex

43. AlexMares

AlexMares

You should not delete the DoozyUI object because it holds all the system's components. All the UIElements should be created under the UIContainer object. Did you look at the basic videos on how the system works?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLszfX2HJpT-JwTq16SqkyGzA1TRWSstdI

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  44. kernelkode

kernelkode

Hi allemaar, I have watched ever single video. Some multiple times on 0.5 and 0.25 speed setting as your videos are very fast.

In my current problem scene, I have a visible menu (panels, buttons, text). The button sounds work, the animations on UIElement do not. If I create some stuff in a NEW scene the animations work.

I want to know what is wrong with my scene? I tried creating a prefab of my menu items and dragging it into a new scene, but nothing is visible in the new scene. I don't want to lose my work and start from scratch, and there is no guarantee it won't happen again. What is the root cause of the problem?

45. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi kernekode,

May I see the a screenshot of the Hierarchy and a screenshot the UIElement so I can see it's settings?
    That way I'll have a better understanding of what your issue might be.

Thanks!
    Alex

46. AlexMares

AlexMares

47. iddqd

iddqd

hey this looks like a very cool system, i'm surprised this thread doesn't have 10+ pages already.

Does Doozy have a script to bind any property from some script to a UI component's value or text?

48. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi iddqd,

DoozyUI uses native Unity UI components so you have all their functionalities already available to you. From any UIButton, panel (UIElement) animation or game event you can trigger any method you want (with or without a parameter). We also integrated Unity's native event system in most of our components and a parallel game event system that is very lightweight.
    Can you please tell me what exactly are you looking for so I can give you a more comprehensive answer?

Cheers,
    Alex

49. AlexMares

AlexMares

A bit more info about DoozyUI:
    • it has been over 1 year in development and it is actively improved with new features (on our ToDo list and requested ones), bug fixes (as soon as we find them) and tutorials (we are working on more advanced and in depth ones).
    • it has a robust infrastructure that went through a lot or iterations and tests
    • the internal event system uses the Publish-Subscribe pattern with a topic based system (DoozyUI handles it, so you don't have to). The main advantages here being the loose coupling and scalability. You can read more about the Publish-Subscribe pattern it here.
    • it has been optimized to create minimal garbage collection and you will not encounter any spammed "broadcast to all" issues
    • we work with the system on a daily basis in our projects and we try to catch most of the issues that might appear before our clients do

50. iddqd

iddqd