Search Unity

Don't Explode!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by snowconesolid, Mar 29, 2015.

1. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Man feels sooo good to be back here on the forums! :) Haven't posted in such a long time. I really missed the community. Looks like a lot of things have changed here too.But of course I have still been doing a lot of game dev with my favorite engine and today is a very special day because I just released my newest game!
    (haha I think this might be my 15-16th game release or so, but this one is different! This is my very first Unity Pro released game. That makes it a special case :D)

Just went live on Google PlayStore (Get It here!)

Everyone, I give you
    "Don't Explode" (or here!) :D

ABOUT:

Control a traveling bomb that can explode at any second. Pick up timers to stay alive. How far can you go before time runs out and you explode into a pile of flowers?

Platform(s): ANDROID/Mobile/Tablet

Screens:

Video Trailer:

Let me know what ya think! Game is free to play of course. Had a lot of fun creating this one. Hope you enjoy! Peace out! :cool:;)

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Cool concept - the ticking clock is eerie in an odd sorta way.

If I may - I'm no audio guy - at all, but the audio in the video would benefit from a noise reduction pass. This can be accomplished in sound forge or audition by isolating a sample of the noise and then removing/reducing that noise from the entire sound clip.

One thing I was expecting when the bomb rolled off into the water was to see, on the surface of the water, the effect of an underwater explosion. It was a little bit of a let down, but the effect you have works nicely.

I like the shaders/materials throughout. They contrast nicely and give a great sense of depth to the environments especially when the platforms are spinning/flipping.

Overall - I like it, especially the unique spin on the runner genre.

snowconesolid likes this.
  3. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Awesome review! Thanks Dude! :)

The video trailer was rushed and I just quickly slapped it together. Didn't really want to spend too much time on the trailer for such a simple game. The other promotional material such as screenshots kind of take over anyway. If this was a bigger more epic release with characters and storyline then I would of tried to make the video trailer much more attention grabbing.

Thats actually a good idea for an effect actually. I didn't think of that. Instead, the effect I have is only the bomb splashing into the water. The idea was, if the bomb goes in the water, then it diffuses, you hear a diffuse sound effect and a little plob splash of water comes up. I like your idea too. Maybe for a more complex game I might do something like that.

I also was very pleased with the quality of graphics/art style I was able to create for this game. You know it looks good when you say to yourself "Man, I really like how this is looking so far" as you develop it :) Also, I kept a consistent art style for once in one of my game projects and I am proud of that haha.

Once again, thank you for your review and kind words. You made my day buddy. Especially what you had to say about the graphics. This is one of the first times I get a compliment on my graphics which means a lot to me. If you look at my earlier games from 2-3 years ago you will see what I am talking about. I can feel it myself, I have come really far and greatly improved esp in the graphics area and I am happy it was noticed. Thanks bro! :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.