Search Unity

Cannot scroll on Survey

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Singing_Raven, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Singing_Raven

Singing_Raven

:confused: Hey guys!!

Just installed Unity for personal use and am at the point where it asks you to take a survey. Problem is it won't let me scroll down. Any ideas???? :confused:

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. angelounity

angelounity

Same issue for me as well. I can't solve it

3. Jaimi

Jaimi

Have you tried scrolling with the keyboard? Have you by chance set your display properties to increase the UI size? If so, have you tried turning it back?

4. Singing_Raven

Singing_Raven

:confused: Yes! I have tried scrolling with the keyboard and it still doesn't scroll. Don't know how to set display properties. How do I do that????

PS: Had to enlarge font because I am vision impaired. Sorry. :confused:

5. Jaimi

Jaimi

I only have Windows 10 anymore, so I don't recall on previous versions, but it should be very similar. You go to the desktop, right click and choose "Display Settings". On Win 10, the first page that is displayed, there is a scroll bar that says "change the size of text, apps and other items". If that's not set at 100% (all the way to the left) that can cause problems in dialogs.

Here's a link I found on how to do it in Win 8:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

6. lucvovan

lucvovan

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    can you tell me what which version of Unity is this, on what Windows (7, 8 or 10) you're having this problem.

I'm trying to repro it here, I'm trying on a windows 7 64bits with 5.1p3 with fonts @ 200% in custom (custom dpi settings).

Cheers!

7. Giosolo

Giosolo

Hi,
    There is 100% working workaround!
    I had the same issue: could not scroll down the survey screen which blocked me from completing the activation process.

Solution:
    Scroll down by repeat using the "Tab" button (move focus to next field) until you reach the bottom of the survey screen. Finalize the survey by clicking the "OK" button on the bottom of the screen.

I'm using windows 7 64bits with Unity personal 5.1.1f1
    P.S. The issue might be related to my laptop resolution: 1200*800

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. testmygames

testmygames

THANKS ACTUALLY WORKED!