Search Unity

Does anyone need a place to sell their game or game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWW, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWW

MWW

If anyone have a game ready for sale let me know and I will give you the info we are officially launching Oct. 1. 2014 and in the mean time you can send us a description of your game at this e mail address, it is not the official email address of course .

We will keep In contact and a couple weeks from now we will give you the website link where you can download the submission forms and requirements as for now email only the description of your game. do not send your games at this time . However before time of release we will only need a playable demo cover art work and the completed game.

I'm only trying to tell every Independent game developer that we have been in the process of starting a game distribution company and we are officially launching on Oct 1, 2014 .
    You guys should know how difficult it is to sale a game furthermore anyone that can respect business should know that it takes a little time to get it right. we are not a scam and have no intentions to take advantage of anyone, You guys knows how hard it is to sale a game, there is little to no distribution for an Indie title we will make it easy for good games , Oct. 1, 2014 if you are skeptical just don't submit or sign our contract, Just sit around and watch us grow.

GOOD LUCK. EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

What's the catch? It's plain odd that you wouldn't just post it.

3. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Sure should I give you all the source code and art assets or how are we going to do this?

Meltdown likes this.
  4. MWW

MWW

Because we are in the process of setting up our network and working on legal name clearence, We wanted to get a feel from the communitythere are submitting guide lines and we are officially launching Oct. 1. 2014 and in the mean time you can send us a description of your game of your game at this e mail address, but it is not the official
    email address of course . mikewwayne@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  5. MWW

MWW

GREAT, no we do not need your source code, we only need a playable demo and the completed game. we are officially launching Oct. 1. 2014 and the mean time you can send us a description of your game at this e mail address, but it is not the officially email address of course . mikewwayne@gmail.com we will keep In contact and a couple weeks from now we will give you the website link where you can download the submission in the mean time email only the description of your game. GOOD LUCK.

6. jp122

jp122

That means you should have LinkedIn, Twitter, G+, some type of social media, or even a blog.

7. chrisall76

chrisall76

Honestly, yes. If your going to be doing something like this you need to link to a twitter, facebook, blog/website, etc. or else no one is going to believe you. Doesn't help that you don't have a email that related to your site (ex: chrisall76@chrisall76.com and such). People want to see what there getting into (and if it's a scam or not).

8. MWW

MWW

we are launching Oct 1, 2014 the official email is in the companies name we can not go public yet , this gives us a chance to see what games will be released Of course you are right but everyone will have to sign a contract we have a press campaign we will post every where when all legalities are done we have a web site I like your attitude thanks

9. Justei

Justei

Ok, so here is what you did wrong.
    1. You did not state what type of deal you are making with the sellers (not even what percentage off the gross value etc).
    2. You did not state who you are, why anyone should believe you, what terms, and so on.
    3. You did not link to anything that makes us believe that you are trustworthy, how would anyone here know that you are legit?
    4. What type of payment processing options do you have? Do you cover fraud? How do you handle chargebacks? These are all important questions, that if you gave ANY indication of being serious, and gave us any type of information about your service, we might have been able to read on your site.
    5. Presenting your product, without actually showing your product, what it's named, or anything. AND expecting people to give you information, such as demos and full games!

I can go on and on, and these are just the first things that come to mind.
    Now go away and come back when you have something to offer people, because as it stands right now you could just as well just be trying to score free games.

Meltdown likes this.
  10. MWW

MWW

Actually you have some good points , read the 1st post you would see that we are finishing up all legalities and we have strict submitting guidelines ,The Attorney has already drew a general contract , but each game will have it's own points , everything that you addressed is surely answered already ,this is my un official post so relax I promise 1 one thing when the time comes the community will love it.

11. iKonrad

iKonrad

If you even haven't prepared some basic principles yet, why bother with creating topics?

12. MWW

MWW

I responded to some questions , It's called pre promotions and all details will be disclosed

13. Ryiah

Ryiah

With answers that are meaningless. Until you have something official to show, no one is likely to take you seriously.

14. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Wanting to see if there's interest in a service is a completely reasonable request, its not a confidence inspiring or compelling request, but I don't think we need to jump down someones throat because they are not aware of the oversensitive and insecure tenor of these forums.

15. Ryiah

Ryiah

A reasonable request if the information provided was meaningful. Instead we're being given some vague information with no links beyond an email that could be made in five minutes. This may very well be legit, but it could just as easily be a scam.

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You mean realism, I think. It's realistic in today's world to be careful.

17. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

From my understanding people who "scam" tend to be tech savvy and good communicators, I'd say its just as likely a scam will have all the links and information people are expecting*.

The guy is asking for a bit of information, and eventually a game. There's plenty of time between sending an email and sending a game for you to work out the details. I've no problem with Hippos post, but multiple posts getting more and more aggressive seems a bit too much for me.

- John A

* Anecdotally the only time I was ever "scammed" the person in question had an arrangement in place to license a reasonably popular arcade IP. Amongst other background checks I even contacted the license holder in Japan who confirmed the arrangement. In the end the titles kickstarter fell through and they never paid me.

Sir-Tiddlesworth likes this.
  18. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

As mentioned above, I've no problem with your post :) If it ended there that's all well and good.

It just seems to me the tenor of these forums has gone from lets all help each other to lets patrol the forums looking for people who may be trying to get something free and when we find them lets all go in to lynch mob mode.

Teila, 0tacun and Sir-Tiddlesworth like this.
  19. yoonitee

yoonitee

Me please! Would you like me to send you $1000 for administration costs? \:)/

20. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

I completely agree with everything you have said.

@MWW
    I wish you all the best with your endeavor.

21. MWW

MWW

I'm only trying to tell every Independent game developer that we have been in the process of starting a game distribution company and we are officially launching on Oct 1, 2014 .

You guys should know how difficult it is to sale a game furthermore anyone that can respect business should know that it takes a little time to get it right. we are not a scam and have no intentions to take advantage of anyone, You guys knows how hard it is to sale a game, there is little to no distribution for an Indie title we will make it easy for good games , Oct. 1, 2014 if you are skeptical just don't submit or sign our contract, Just sit around and watch us grow.

Good Luck

22. CarterG81

CarterG81

This thread... LoL...

What a great thread to simultaneously display the communities insecurity and aggression while also showing how out of touch some people are in business/scamming.

The only thing more sad than the OP being so out of touch in relating to the (internet) public is the community's needless aggression and immaturity in response.

Then again... Welcome to the internet. The place where rational behavior comes to die.

JovanD, Graph and Manny Calavera like this.
  23. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

Pretty sure calm carrots was being sarcastic....

randomperson42 likes this.
  24. CarterG81

CarterG81

Of course he was, he loves to troll.

Because acting like a jerk man-child is productive to this community.

25. MWW

MWW

I know he was but we did not come this far to stop

26. MWW

MWW

I know he was , but that's understandable no hard feelings
    when the time comes he will be begging for distribution

27. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That's enough. No personal insults are allowed.

--Eric

28. MWW

MWW

You are right I am sorry on my behalf

29. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you.

--Eric

30. CarterG81

CarterG81

No personal insults are allowed, but derogatory sarcasm and subtle mockery are. It's pretty noticeable on the forums in way too many threads. This is a good example of why action needs to be taken to stop so many users from sowing discord or masking insults with sarcasm.

I really dislike how often subtle trolling is given a free pass around here. There is nothing productive or positive about what calm carrot or yoonitee posted. Masking negativity doesn't make it any better than if they said it directly, except that moderators wont step in with the former unless it drags on and on and the subtlety wears off.

0tacun likes this.
  31. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

"Subtle mockery" is way too subjective for moderators to step in. We're not going to act as thought police. Direct personal insults are clear. If a post that isn't directly breaking the rules bothers you, then simply ignore it; if you respond to negativity (real or imagined) in kind, then you're part of the problem. If a topic goes way off the rails, then it may be closed or posts deleted.

Like this one. Any further posts along these lines will be deleted, so stay on topic please.

--Eric

32. elmar1028

elmar1028

Are you planning to distribute games digitally and/or physically?

33. MWW

MWW

Both

34. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

The issue for me is not this one thread, it just happened to be the last I've read in series of threads with a similar theme. Another recent example had someone wanting to host a 48 hour games jams where they specifically mention "This Contest has No Reward, but is simply meant for the fun of Developing Games", yet they get posts dripping with sarcasm, mentioning scams, etc.

Most of the time these posts are by well meaning individuals who are maybe a little naive, in the few cases where the intention is to rip someone off the execution is so poor that I'd be surprised to see anyone getting scammed as a result. I'll reiterate: from what I've seen, here and elsewhere, the real scammers are capable of producing a digital front that matches any you will find from a legitimate individual or small company.

35. Ricks

Ricks

Actually there are: GOG, Steam etc. What's your plan to establish yourselves against the big ones, to get notable exposure? It will not help you to cover in mystery words claiming you will grow, because chance is you can't. The market is oversaturated in all regards. Also it reminds me of people offering marketing by distributing a game to dozens of app review websites - only to find out these sites are hardly visited at all. It needs more than good will to believe that you can deliver what you promise.

Oribow and MurDocINC like this.
  36. Ryiah

Ryiah

I prefer to be cautious. The OP has given very little to allay my feelings of suspicion and I pointed out as much. I suppose I'll have to wait till October to find out more.

37. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

For sure, I'm not saying the OP is legitimate or otherwise. My point is simply that the overreaction is a bit much. It's pretty unlikely folks who can produce a quality game are going to just send the full game off to some unannounced portal before they release using all the many proven channels available.

Similarly I agree with Ricks, the chance of some new portal making it without some serious investment are so slim they might as well be slenderman at an angle.

38. minionnz

minionnz

@MWW, Any chance you could offer a preview to a well-known, respected member of the community? Perhaps with some kind of NDA to keep them from giving away too much before launch - it'd give people here the peace of mind they need and would help you promote your new site/business.

39. MWW

MWW

We are working on a preview, please be a little patient. There will be promotions as well as advertisements.

40. yoonitee

yoonitee

How many people is "we"? BTW Yes, I am skeptical.

41. MWW

MWW

we have made a serious investment, we are open to new ideas as well ,Please feel free to comment on what you think is needed from a new distributor

42. MWW

MWW

4 of us right now

43. MWW

MWW

I am working on it and thank you for your comment

44. MWW

MWW

I agree, however we are not asking form games at this point we are just preparing things when the time occur, we were only saying what is your game about. we have a lot of work ahead such as promoting our company so the public will be aware. A lot of very successful business's started with less than what we have. All to say we are giving it our best.

45. MWW

MWW

There is no catch, before we even accept any game there are several things that has to happen.
    1. Developer must have an EIN number
    2. Title must be original
    3. Title must have copyright
    4. Developer has to meet in our office with proper Identification. should a contract be offered .
    This is only the Beginning

46. MWW

MWW

4. Developer has to meet in our office with proper Identification. should a contract be offered .

47. MWW

MWW

Right you are we will not except any game unless a nondisclosure form is signed.
    we are honest people just starting our business

48. MWW

MWW

49. Ryiah

Ryiah

A number of those businesses had little to no competition. Or offered features that none of their competitors gave. Google, for example, introduced an email service that offered a gigabyte of storage when most offered only a few megabytes.

Most gamers are not going to download yet another platform unless the games are exclusive to that platform. What do you offer that your competition does not?

50. MWW

MWW

Very good response
    we are only excepting exclusive games and we are going to promote the games individually not just the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.