Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone know where i can find a template for TOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wiseowlstudios, Dec 15, 2011.

1. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

Hi i was wondering does anyone know where I can find a template or good examples for terms of service agreement that i can modify for my game as I want one for my game that follows the lines of use of bots and cheating is banned anyone caught will be punished, all information given can be stored etc (the basic terms of service agreement that a user signs to create account and play the game that says they wont cheat,abuse,hack/steal the system,give consent to store there data etc)

I'm asking as I want a professional look and feel that protects me and the game from theft, bots etc so if I need to go to court over incidents (someone tried to hack the game or does serious damage) I'm covered saying they gave permission/agreed etc as I'm wanting this to be a AAA in future and not something that dies after a few weeks.

I realise id need a lawyer or someone in that area to check its watertight and legal etc but right now I'm after a basic one that covers it

2. bustedkrutch

bustedkrutch

Hey Wiseowl,

Did you ever get an answer to this?
    As I'm in the same spot where I'd like to incorporate a TOS, even if it isn't completely airtight.