Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking Docs for the 5.4 lobby is totally broken

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by virror, Apr 5, 2016.

1. virror

virror

Trying to update from 5.3 to 5.4 but my lobby is throwing a bunch of errors and the docs for it has some changes to the function names but the majority of it does not even compile. ListMatchResponse JoinMatchResponse does not exist as 2 examples, Could you please make sure the docs are updated so it can be used?

Edit: Managed to find what i needed finally, but all the examples in the docs are broken, making it a bit hard : /
    Why did you remove the struct in MatchCreate? Does not make any sense at all, now we ju st have the worlds longest function call. Also, when are we going to get support for matchAttributes!?!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Hi @virror and @rikey
    They docs are out of date for 5.4 and matchmaking, i do apologize. That other thread does capture it at a high level, there's just 1 function call for creatematch or joinmatch etc instead of 2 we had before, and each of those take all the arguments needed to perform that function. The versions that take a *Request have been removed.

Likewise the callbacks are also simplified, which are supplied as the last argument. They all take a bool success, string extendedInfo, and some take an optional data member like onmatchjoin and onmatchcreate.

Again, i'm really sorry you ran into this and i hope to have the manual updated in the next couple weeks.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. virror

virror

No problems, i saw the docs for the actual functions was up to date, just not the examples : )