Search Unity

Displaying Avatar image in HUD GUI?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by TroyDavis, Oct 19, 2013.

1. TroyDavis

TroyDavis

I've searched and searched on an example of how to display, or make and image to display in a GUI Texture, of your character avatar. I have setup a Render Texture and been able to set it to a GUI Texture but it's transparent and difficult to see. Anyone else know of a way. I really just want to be able to display the modified avatar image in a HUD GUI window.:eek:

2. TroyDavis

TroyDavis

I don't normally bump my own posts but seriously am i the only one that's ever decided to do this in their game? Surely someone out there has created a similar UI display that shows the players head in it?

3. laurelhach

laurelhach

Here you go:
    Create a Texture2D variable (myTexture2D) and drag your texture in the inspector.
    Then somewhere in your OnGUI() method call this :
    Code (csharp):
    2. GUI.Label(new Rect(customRect), myTexture2D);

4. TroyDavis

TroyDavis

That's not what i'm asking. I'm asking how to display the camera image or animated image of the player models head inside of the texture area.

5. Kokumo

Kokumo

I will not give you the answer but a suggestion: search for minimap creation.
    You will need a camera, set what layers you want to render, and how to show the camera into a GUI area... which, in fact, is something easy (but I can't remember how).
    You may find some useful articles here: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/Main_Page

6. TroyDavis

TroyDavis

Thanks I figured it out. The solution is using a Render Texture...