Search Unity

Directly draw a cubemap RenderTexture

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SunnyChow, Feb 6, 2015.

1. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

I can draw what i want in normal RenderTexture with GL API. But I can't draw well in cubemap RenderTexture. Is there any example about drawing things on RenderTexture. I don't want to create a camera to do that.

Ben-BearFish likes this.
  2. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@SunnyChow Any luck with finding a solution for this?

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'd like to know how to use the render texture/gl api haha... I'll have to Google some for that. Hmm.

Anyway I'm also wondering what you found out about this, if anything.

4. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

In function Graphics.SetRenderTarget(), you can select cubemap face.

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'll have to experiment with that.

6. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@SunnyChow I'm semi-confused to how the cubemap face overload for Graphics.SetRenderTarget() would work. Let's say I have a cubemap for a skybox and a rendertexture. How does Graphics.SetRenderTarget() know what cubemap to modify using the RenderTexture?

7. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

I don't understand. RendererTexture can set as cubemap, which means one RenderTexture storing 6 side of texture. And then you use it for skybox. Did you read the API documentation?(http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Graphics.SetRenderTarget.html)

8. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@SunnyChow I was trying to use a cubemap as a skybox. Then I was trying to set a rendertexture to each side of the cubemap skybox. But I don't understand how to do this with Unity exactly. I thought using Graphics.SetRenderTarget would work, but it looks like I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  9. LightStriker

LightStriker

I tried that, but it always Blit on the X+ side. The documentation claims the Cubemap setting in SetRenderTarget only affect Get/SetPixel(). Anyway to render to a Cubemap faces?