Dimensional Games Group Recruitment - (Multiplayer FPS)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by dannyvandijk, Feb 23, 2012.

1. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

Hello, My Name is Daniel Van Dijk (Danny), I Come in Behalf of Dimensional Games to Bring a Generous Offer to Recruit Some Talented People to Join us on Our Quest of Achieving Great Graphics And Beyond Great Gameplay!

We are trying to develop a multiplayer fps game, something with a battlefield feel, huge maps, great gameplay, great graphics and etc. for now we have 3 people, 2 map and game developers, and 1 modeler map buildor, we are looking for talented programmers, eather in C# or in Java, we use both in some cases, we need more modelers, that know how to model with almost any program like Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 3D, Google Sketchup and etc. we also need animators to animate the game, like characters and animals (any program).

About What we Are Looking Forward to Developing:

We want a game that has a battlefield feel to it, huge maps were you almost can't ever run out of surprises from, great streaming multiplayer for at least 20 people per map, being able to customize weapons, characters and etc.
    We want a game were the gameplay is way better and higher than graphics so the player can play for at least years without getting sick of it, we plan on launching a demo with 1 map, so people can give opinions for the betters, so we may get a little bit know out there, custumization is the top priorty since is what keeps most players addicted to the game, and adds that little something to it, we also look forward to making the game have a powerful look to it, with some eye catching graphics too it, most of all this is just 1/300 of what we plan on featuring.

Team Management And How it Works:

We listen to everyone in our team, we give 100% attention to them aswell, the game will change 90% depending on the teams opinion and ideas for the better of this project, we give credits to everyone who has put some effort into the project, everyone gets to test the pre-release, and more...

You can contact me on skype or us on email:

Email: dimensionalgamesupport@hotmail.com

Note: In Actual Contact i can explain 100x better than typing, so this is not all!

Team:

4/38

Needed:

Modelers 1/6
    Animators 0/6
    Programmers 1/8
    GUI Developers 0/4
    Photoshop Experts 0/2
    Map Creators 2/4
    Networkers. 0/8

What we Feel the projects might result into:

A great easy to understand multiplayer FPS, after all the intros you will be introduced to the main menu, were you may change video settings, check for servers, check credits, exit the game and etc, once you get to the lobby area, you should get a list of current open servers, options to create a server, options to find a server throw player IP, and etc, but before you get into the action, back at the main menu you have you account options, were you may customize you character to your likings, aswell as upgrade weapons, and choose especial abilities or choose diferent classes like assault, medic, sniper, and engeneer, (each class has diferent weapons) to use for the round, once all done, you may name the character (only once (permanently per IP)), (there will be a sotre for buying upgrades, clothes, armor, abilities and etc), ok were all done! once you have a team split equaly, the round will start, once in game you will have a bar in the bottom center of the screen, with a icons with the guns and itens you have equiped, by pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 0 you may change into whatever you have equiped, bottom left you will have a mini map showing you buddies location and showing you location and the map in small size, at the bottom right you will have your current equiped gun icon, the ammount of amo you have loaded/to be loade, amout of granades and etc.
    Gameplay should be smooth, you get points for each enemy team kill, negative points for team kills, the more points from killing or capturing objectives, the more money for you to spend over at the store, there is also a class changing system for changing classes when you die, you also may use tanks, veichles, jets, and helicopters. the winning team gets a bonus of 1.5x points as the loosing team just gets the standard points from their kill.

This is just the basic explanation on what we think the game may turn into, it will or might change alot, and there is much much more too it!
    (Setting up Website with better explanation)

(NOTE: NO EXACT PLANS TO IT SINCE WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FULL TEAM)

Cheers!
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Traverity

Traverity

The amount of generalization in the OP...

If you want to be taken seriously in the exact realm of game development I advise you to refine your plans for the game so that they're exact. This doesn't mean that you can't have room for change, but saying things like "level of gameplay is 10x higher than graphics" is much too vague and will not convince the community that you're a serious developer.
  3. rik338

rik338

I hope you got a nice budget, also a GDD would be welcome.
  4. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

We do take projects seriously, we just have that sense of humor, we also don't look into people thinking of us as something serious, we are serious when it comes to projects, but from the exterior we tend to have fun, and enjoy most of it!

-Daniel
  5. Traverity

Traverity

Let's hope that others share your sense of humor.
  6. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

Yeah haha, everything needs a little humor, keeps the team going
  7. rik338

rik338

+1
  8. TehWut

TehWut

Humor is not bad. You just need to flesh out your ideas some more. You haven't really described what the game will be like, how it will play look and feel (huge maps with awesome gameplay and amazing weapons) is both boring and vague.
  9. Traverity

Traverity

From what I deciphered, the lack of detail IS the humor.
  10. Codeweave

Codeweave

+1
  11. Codeweave

Codeweave

o_O

QUOTE ]battlefield feel, huge maps, great gameplay, great graphics [/QUOTE]

I did seriously not just read that. This is Unity3d not UDK or CE3.
  12. Traverity

Traverity

Great gameplay is very possible with Unity, but the others...not so much without loads of extra work.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  13. SevenBits

SevenBits

You said that you are searching for someone with C# or Java development skills, correct? Don't ask about Java, as you can't use it to program in Unity anyway. I know it is not dissimilar to C# but they two different languages.

You should ask for someone with C# skills and/or a Java development background. That might come in handy since you're looking for networking programmers.
  14. rik338

rik338

With the right artists everything is possible.
  15. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

We are already achieving that, NEVER illude youself with the idea created by seeing the result of other failures, some might just get there..
    Dreams are meant to be dreamed for a reason, to believe...I believe i can get there, with or without your help
  16. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

I Have used over 20 engines, trust me friend the concept that graphics comes from the engines are "stupid" it is the teams skills who can match up into making the game great with great graphics, the engines capability is just putting on makeup over the game with their fancy effects, we can do much better, unity 3d engine, in the right hands, can become a mortal weapon of mass destruction if you know how to use it and dominate it, great models, great textures and etc are what determine graphics way more then just the engine itself, the engine just throws in some ffects, thats it, and thats all, also, unity can match up competition for bad company if you know how to master it to that level, i don't come into game development not knowing what i'm doing, i have 1 year of experience with over 20 + engines, more than you could ever imagine, trust me i know unity like the tip of my finger, and i know what i'm throwing myself into aswell, otherwise i wouldn't have posted this.. haha

-Daniel
  17. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

You sir are the first person to come here, and finally understand what real games are made of, you trully understand and know how it works!

Claps*

-Daniel
  18. Codeweave

Codeweave

*sigh* Danny you assume that its either the artists or the game engine that makes the graphics. The reality is that it is the combined effort of both but if one lets you down the result is bad. Just because you suck at 20 other game engines means nothing in terms of the graphic output of unity3d. If you have amazing artists (cgsociety quality is what i define as amazing) Unity3d will let you down compared to a engine that is designed for graphics such as udk or ce3. Unity3d is not designed for the hardcore graphics market, its designed for rapid creation of content in a easy to use environment. Unity3d excels in indie platforms that do not require hardcore graphics such as the appstore and as a learning environment for students with no previous game development experience and often no start-up capital. IF you really can prove me wrong then post screenshots, that's all it takes.

*Sigh*
  19. SevenBits

SevenBits

Now tell me what defines "good graphics". Everyone seems to know whether has good graphics or bad, but no one can ever tell me what makes good graphics. Is it colors? Textures? The "lifelike-ness" of the outputted rendering? What?
  20. Codeweave

Codeweave

To have "good graphics" is to portray a contextual reality within a contextually believable and completely standardized hyper-real set of representations. i.e. hyper-real representations are accepted as their real counterparts within their own contextualized and standardized realities. This explains how stylized game worlds can have "good graphics" despite not being contextually realistic to our own reality and others can have "good graphics" by being hyper-realistic in the context of our own 'real' reality.
  21. Codeweave

Codeweave

Do you understand why no one has never explained it to you before now?
  22. Traverity

Traverity

I never said it was impossible. I said it'd require "loads of extra work". Which would probably be major additions/improvements to the Unity source code.
  23. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

WRONG

Good graphics are based on texture quality inside the game, model quality as to how many polygons inside the model, bump maps, effects, everything, graphics don't depend on the engine itself but the team using it mostly, anyone can make great graphics with unity, you just need the right amount of experience, other engines like UDK, CryEngine 3, Frostbite, have boosted effects, and camer effects + many other effects, that's why their products come out with great graphics, pre-made effects ready inside the engine, unity unfortunetly dosen't have that, so we have to create and implement dose effects, witch turn out to come out just like the others, just not as good thats all, i don't want crysis graphics i don't want battlefield graphics, when i say a battlefield feel i mean gameplay wise not graphics wise.

PS: I Never Said That i Sucked at The Other Engines, i Did Well, But None Were as Smart as Unity...
  24. Traverity

Traverity

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no way to slap a universal definition onto "good" graphics. Please don't begin an eternal debate x\
  25. Codeweave

Codeweave

Basically they should use a different game engine or have a major uphill battle that will likely make them quit the project anyway.
  26. Codeweave

Codeweave

Your response shows no indication of even remotely understanding my definition. You are acting childish and unintelligent. This
    in particular contradicts itself and shows a lack of understanding of game engines in general and what they achieve.
    There is and I gave it.
  27. Traverity

Traverity

Then why do others, including me, disagree with it? There is no universal definition.
  28. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

Or Better, Everyone Has a little piece of the puzzle here, and each one dosen't undernstand each other... before we endup bringing up a unity forums fight here...

Also, graphics are already looking good enough past my expectations lool
    just need to work the engine a bit haha =P

- Daniel
  29. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

Agreed, +1
  30. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i love how every thread Traverty posts in goes instantly off-topic.
  31. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

I've noticed that phenomena, as well.
  32. Traverity

Traverity

Post an example of an "instant thread highjack" so I can know you're not pulling that out of your ass.
  33. Codeweave

Codeweave

Just because you don't understand/agree with the definition doesn't mean that it isn't true/correct. Its a contextual definition because games have different contextual realities and hence cannot be directly compared with a definition that excludes context (i.e. The graphical contextual reality of Mario for instance is very different to Skyrim and the context of the audience always changes over time while the game eventually or immediately reaches developmental stasis after launch.)
    I think everyone noticed that.
  34. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

look at your posting history and keep arguing about it. seems you love to discuss useless stuff over and over :)
  35. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

Jeez, kid. Enough, already. You're not a Moderator here. You don't even have a link to a demonstrable portfolio of work. Yet you inject yourself into every thread I see, resulting in off-topic hijacking. You specifically got a collaboration thread I was very interested in participating in closed.

Instead of trolling threads posted by noobs or by people who don't communicate well enough for your tastes, work on an actual game.

Let the rest of us try to get things going.
  36. Traverity

Traverity

You're claiming that I get "every" thread that I post in instantly highjacked. And I ask for an example. Don't try to talk down to me because you claim things and take no action in proving them. Just post an example of how I got a thread instantly highjacked. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not insulting anyone here. Nor am I claiming to be something that I'm not. I don't talk down to people, I don't try to intentionally undermine what they do. And I do not label people as anything without something to back it up. Most of all, I don't disrespect you guys even if I'm at odds with some of your posts. Please return this respect and show proof of what you're claiming.
  37. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

You demonstrate zero respect for others, kid. You immediately make assumptions about their intentions, and then go on and on in a defensive manner. You, apparently, do not recognize this. Read over your posts in various threads. If you still cannot see what others are talking about, no amount of evidence will be useful.

This is supposed to be a site where not only amateurs but professionals can come to interact. Be more professional.
  38. Traverity

Traverity

Please. One example. One example of how I do any of the things that you're claiming. There is nothing unprofessional about wanting proof.
  39. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

I rest my case.
  40. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i sent you a PM...read it and quit the discussions.
  41. Thomas Pasieka

Thomas Pasieka

Traverty - It has come to my attention that you do indeed post in many threads and complaints have reached me now as well via PM and email. You seem to come of as "all knowing" on almost every topic. Some may consider this trolling and unwanted/unecessary. Please consider reducing your amount/rate of posts. You registered 3 days ago and you already have well over 100 posts.
  42. rik338

rik338

In my humble opinion most of his/her comments seemed pretty usefull.
  43. darkben

darkben

But not with the implied arrogance, defensiveness or derailment that follows.
  44. e.bonneville

e.bonneville

+1
  45. Traverity

Traverity

After taking some time to cool off (It's hard to take offense with a level head), I realize that I haven't been the best user I can be. There are definitely posts that I wish I could take back, believe me. But even though I think some exaggerations were made, I apologize for all of the things I've caused (directly or no). And for everything I have done to offend each and every one of you.

Consider this a sincere apology, and a promise to try to improve future posting.

Edit-

I have also personally apologized to Origin, as I did say some offensive things to them directly.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  46. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

lool even origin?! D:
    anyway this became more of an discussion topic than team work topic =/ anyway i will continue to do what i love, since i well did not succed in recruting mmost usefull people here (taking out maybe waiting more could help), i will continue with what i have...
    if people still want to join, fell free, i'm not really a good explainer when it comes to writin, otherwise i would have made a 10 pages of 100% explanation, sometimes i try to resume, but sometimes dose resumes end up not understandable and etc =/
    I Apologise For That.

- Daniel
    If anyone still wants to help..

Thanks
  47. rik338

rik338

Mostly that, you might want to do a spellcheck or something.
  48. dannyvandijk

dannyvandijk

Yeah portuguese is taking a tool on my english D:
  49. Heartbrake

Heartbrake

Is taking a toll*
    But at least you try to type down in English.
    ^^
  50. rik338

rik338

When i look at the spellmistakes ur typing i feel like you're not even trying.