Search Unity

Diablo meets Minecraft (Obsidium)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by boco, Dec 14, 2013.

1. boco

boco

2. boco

boco

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. JscriptFless

JscriptFless

I wish you very well on your journey of finishing/developing this game; it looks like a ton of fun! [I'm really looking forward to playing it!]

P.s: Isn't your signature missing a 'using namespace std;' , before the "cout << "IM GOING CRAZY << endl;"?

4. boco

boco

lol that's so overly long it's not even funny.. But you're RIGHT I SHOIULD have my STD's I'm also missing #include <iostream> so I can use the COUT :D... Yeah when I get the game more playable I will have a alpha available for people to try. No AI yet as I have to implement minions and the like in the game. Once I do that then you can Hack N Slash to your hearts content. That and I have to polish up the game a lot.. SO many place holders not even funny lol.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  5. boco

boco

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    FBTH likes this.
  6. Cheburek

Cheburek

doesn't look much like minecraft, though that's probably a good thing :) Can't wait to see some combat

7. boco

boco

Cheburek of course not I wanted a more Diablo feel to it with block building in the game. I should say Voxel construction or building rather than minecraft but most people understand the minecraft reference when it comes to block building games. I will probably change it later down the road but for now this will do. Combat is being worked on right now as well.. it's very alpha combat and not pretty and I'm working to make it more appealing. I'm going to have to look at some other games for referencs for combat.

8. boco

boco

::UPDATE::

Like to give an announcement we're in the process of starting an Indiegogo campaign for Obsidium so we need feedback on what we have so far. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Keep in mind this is a roughdraft and is still under development.

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/35d11cbd

9. boco

boco

10. boco

boco

::UPDATE::

11. boco

boco

ZOMBIE UPDATE

12. zarch

zarch

Nice SAO health bar

13. boco

boco

Just a placeholder for now. It will be replaced as you can tell the game is still in development.

14. boco

boco

15. boco

boco

UPDATE

16. boco

boco

Inventory Update

17. boco

boco

::BUMP:: check out the latest updates of the game provide feedback I'd love to hear from fellow developers on the game's progression :D

18. boco

boco

Zombie and Cannon updates for the game.

19. boco

boco

Game Update Time...

20. boco

boco

21. caseyatbric

caseyatbric

This looks cool!

22. boco

boco

Thank you I'm continually updating the game as much as I can devote to it each week. I should have a new build out in a few days or so.

FBTH likes this.
  23. FBTH

FBTH

Nice! :D I'm loving the terrain art! :) Im gonna be looking forward to this! :p

24. boco

boco

25. boco

boco

26. boco

boco

Check out the updates to the game. Got some new sounds into the game that make the game more immersive and engaging. Still working on adding content and bug fixing. Next major things to come is character classes, crafting, saving/loading worlds, players, etc.

27. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Very. Interesting. Concept!

What are you using for combat? I made a system for a brawler a while back... :D

28. boco

boco

I'm using a raycasting system and based on the character's range stats(Which is in meters) it will throw a digital D20 vs the targets AC(armor value from dnd lol just stuck and I like it) and then it sends that message over the network to all players buffered(because if a new player joins player has to have the same health or zombie or brick) lol That's how I handle combat currently and it works great :D

29. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@boco: nice! i used direct trigger collisions on the characters appendages for my game. I also use range-based stuff for another project to detect if an attack is close enough to the enemy to be a hit.

30. boco

boco

Hit boxes are great and I might have to switch to them as there is a bug I can't seem to get around and a hitbox might resolve all my issues with that one..... maybe ahha. Running into an issue with the trees and bricks where the raycast is being blocked but I can't put the objects on the ignoreraycast layer then my hiding script will not working anymore so ahaha. . I have to have the raycast that targets only work everything else if it's not hidden but meh lol it's super complex and it might be cleaner to use a hitbox anyways.

31. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@boco: yes, I used a hitbox simply for this reason: it wouldn't look right if an opponent punched at something behind you, yet you get hit too! :D This is the clear limit of using Vector3.distance for hit detection! (A raycast would work too, but that was very buggy... ;))

So yes, if need be, I recommend hitbox detection. on a side note however, place the hitboxes carefully, as having it too close to the character could make for some amusing moments... :D

32. boco

boco

FBTH likes this.
  33. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

DUDE, THE PARTICLES ARE iNsAnE!!! :) ;) :D :p

I definitely want to know how you pulled off that amazing feat! :)

34. boco

boco

35. boco

boco

By the way a small update I made today since the game really needs this. all of it still a WIP

36. boco

boco

37. boco

boco

38. boco

boco

39. boco

boco

FBTH likes this.
  40. boco

boco

41. boco